Photo

Launching to a black screen with HUD showing

help crash very sad

Best Answer se7enex , 23 April 2020 - 09:32 PM

You should be able to load up to 254 plugins with Fallout 3, although I seem to recall that all *.esm and *.esp files use a slot even if the file is not in your load order. This shouldn't be an issue unless you have something like 90 or more inactive plugins in your load order.

You might also read the posts in Plugin Limit? and Hitting earlier mod limit of 144 that discusses a similar plugin limit issue.

I resolved this by using the new "Mod limit remover" or whatever it's called on the FO3 Nexus, that thing is a life-saver. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 se7enex

se7enex

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:02 PM

Load Order

These are all exclusively from the STEP guide. The issue however is that If I try to launch the game with all of them enabled it just kicks out of the main menu to black screen with some HUD elements showing. I have tried disabling chunks of the plugins and it will then load the menu normally however it seems to be an overall issue as the plugins disabled dont seem to matter as long as "enough" of them are. 

Things I have done;
Cleaned all dirty mods including DLC (Deleted navmeshes still exist for all, uncertain on how to resolve) 
Unpacked all BSAs except vanilla, DCinteriors and FO3UP.

Things I haven't done;
Create a bashed patch
Correct deleted navmesh records

Edited by se7enex, 20 April 2020 - 08:23 PM.

#2 se7enex

se7enex

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:10 PM

After some various attempts it would seem I have a plugin limit of 162. Weird. Any ideas? (It doesn't matter what I enable or disable as long as it's 162 or lower it loads) 

#3 Greg

Greg

High King

• Uber Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 07:21 AM

You should be able to load up to 254 plugins with Fallout 3, although I seem to recall that all *.esm and *.esp files use a slot even if the file is not in your load order. This shouldn't be an issue unless you have something like 90 or more inactive plugins in your load order.

You might also read the posts in Plugin Limit? and Hitting earlier mod limit of 144 that discusses a similar plugin limit issue.

#4 se7enex

se7enex

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:32 PM   Best Answer

I resolved this by using the new "Mod limit remover" or whatever it's called on the FO3 Nexus, that thing is a life-saver. 

#5 Greg

Greg

High King

• Uber Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:09 PM

I see Mod Limit Bug Fix right at the top of the hot mods section, but this is really curious because I don't remember having run into a mod limit with Fallout 3. I know Fallout New Vegas had a mod limit of around 140 or so plugins due to a bug in the game engine that Bethesda never fixed, but I didn't know this was a thing in Fallout 3 as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, crash, very, sad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users