Skyrim SE

Interior sparkles(lighting) bug

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:08 PM

Ah. And there comes all the incompatibilities I mentioned with fixing the issue. It would be a good mod, however. Do you experience it on your Nvidia card, Tech? For kicks, I plugged in the Creation Kit and I was looking at the issue I have in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. Changed multiple effects (it really is hard to see the effects, since they don't show up in the render window). Figured out that if I move the waterfall splashes Z down to negative infinity, the issue is removed.  ::P: Of course that's just a brute force hack lol and looks weird. However, I couldn't seem to locate the specific fog effect, as there were a ton of them (I'm a newb when it come to the CK), and it's time for bed.

2020-04-26-21-29.png

I do experience it. I did on my GTX 760 and I do on my GTX 1060. The only reason I know about it all is due to my work with Relighting Skyrim and having to mess with Helgen's lighting. I've already started my own lighting and effects mod that has these issues dealt with. For some reason when one of the mist/fog effect clips with other effect (especially water effects) it causes the flickering. You can try to assign the fog an emittance, which really helps to negate the issue. However, in some cases the objects just have to be moved so they're not clipping.

#17 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:52 PM

Ok. So I just need to wait until you finish the mod.  ::P:

#18 SkyFall

SkyFall

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:13 PM

Hello, anybody has any clue about why I'm seeing the following:

Screen-Shot0.png

god-rays by windows only on interiors and...

Screen-Shot1.png

exclusively for fireplaces but not any other form of fires.

I'm using "BethINI" (high), "SSE engine fixes" and "SSE display tweaks", not any lighting mod, but "Vivid Weathers" and "True Storms" including their compatibility patch.

Any idea?

#19 SkyFall

SkyFall

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:24 PM

Hello, anybody has any clue about why I'm seeing the following:

Screen-Shot0.png

god-rays by windows only on interiors and...

Screen-Shot1.png

exclusively for fireplaces but not any other form of fires.

I'm using "BethINI" (high), "SSE engine fixes" and "SSE display tweaks", not any lighting mod, but "Vivid Weathers" and "True Storms" including their compatibility patch.

Any idea?

My "Skyrim.ini" looks like this:

And my "SkyrimPrefs.ini" like this:

Edited by Greg, 29 June 2020 - 05:17 PM.
Added spoiler tags

#20 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:05 PM

Try setting bIBLFEnable to 0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

#21 SkyFall

SkyFall

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM

Thanks "DoubleYou" but what the "bIBLFEnable" is all about?

By the way. I've solved my problem like I did many times in the past for exactly the same issue, the cause is that there are 2 files within the directory folder of the game (where the exe lies) "Skyrim.ini" and "Skyrim_default.ini" which fail to change automatically every time there is a change on the other 2 files "Skyrim.ini" and "Skyrimprefs.ini" which are within the "Documents" folder, thus the mismatch between them causes such visual weirdness.

When I change something in the settings I copy the 2 ini from the documents to the game directory so no problem, but sometimes there are changes not initiated by "BethINI" (me) therefore lead to mismatch and incompatibility.

I know that I have the option to make both INI within the "documents" "read only" in order to prevent changes I'm not aware of, this time the "gamma" raised from 1 to 1.2 and reverted it back to default 1 value by BethINI and then redeployed mods by Vortex, but sometimes Vortex needs to adjust the game settings when there is some certain installation/un-installation for mods.

#22 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:04 PM

The files you mentioned have no impact on the game (the ini files in the game directory). They are merely used in preset creation by both the official game launcher and BethINI. There is no way modifying them changed anything in your game.

#23 SkyFall

SkyFall

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:23 PM

The files you mentioned have no impact on the game (the ini files in the game directory). They are merely used in preset creation by both the official game launcher and BethINI. There is no way modifying them changed anything in your game.

If this was true then why did I solved my issue by changing them according to the ini files within the documents folder??

#24 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:19 PM

Hang on... you said you have a Skyrim.ini in the game folder??? There should be no such file in the game folder.

#25 SkyFall

SkyFall

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:20 PM

It is inside a folder named "Skyrim" (within game directory), perhaps serves as backup (?)

But also there is another one, exactly inside the game directory, named as "Skyrim_default.ini", this is one existed since the installation and is not my creation.

So I'm not quite sure what's going on and that's why I'm requesting your guidance, thank you.

#26 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:22 PM

Skyrim_default.ini is normal. There should be a SkyrimPrefs.ini inside a Skyrim directory, but not a Skyrim.ini.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users