STEP Skyrim SE Guide v0.3.0 Beta Release

TechAngel85

STEP Skyrim SE Guide v0.3.0b released!

Guide Link | ChangelogBug ReportsGuide Support

STEP would like to make clear this is a beta release!
This means...
  • ...users installing this release are helping to test the Guide.
  • ...changes are subject to happen between releases that may require a new game!
  • ...though the Guide is considered stable, there could instabilities and mod conflicts that have been undiscovered.

This release requires a new game!
The major changes causing this are:

• ICAIO has been switched out in this release with AI Overhaul.

• We're very interested in feedback from the community who have played with both mods. Tells us which one is better...or can you tell a difference?!
  • ELE is out and Luminosity is in.

• Upon testing, ELE was found to simply be too dark with vanilla lighting. Luminosity provides a good alternative when combined with the "Darker" interior settings from Cathedral Weathers. The interiors are brighter vs ELE, however, they still feel believable. The ambient lighting fills the rooms, but not in an overpowering way. The interiors experienced, thus far, have all felt natural, though stepping just beyond what I, personally, would consider "realistic". However, the balance is very nice and this combination is a worthy addition to STEP as the interior lighting is actually a bit closer to vanilla now.
  • EBT full version has been switched out for the LITE version.

• This gives us the wonderful textures while skipping all the bells and whistles that comes coupled with a heavy script load in some situations.
  • Multiple mods have been dropped or replaced, meaning there are multiple plugin changes.
  • Other highlights with this release include:
    • Complete review of all mod and Guide instructions resulting in the most straightforward version of the Guide yet.
    • Updated instructions for xEdit setup to correct handling of output files.
    • Updated instructions for DynDOLOD installation and generation due to a review by Sheson. (Thank you Sheson!)
      • Those updating from previous Guide versions will need to pay close attention to this one! DynDOLOD Resources SE file has moved to Foundation mod group!
    • xLODGen incorporated for updating terrain LOD and occlusion data. (It's finally time to put it to use!)
    • Updated changelog formatting.
    • Updated the wiki landing page with the more relevant links to content.
    • Updated System Setup Guide for better clarity and expanded the Overlay section.
    See the changelog for all the details! This was actually a fairly significant update!

Several parts of the guide have been rewritten for clarity as of July 29, 2020. Most notably:TBD: tweak to the AMD display drivers setup and ancillary guides

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you very much for the new version!

About AIO: I had a little issue with it during the Before the Storm quest because Sigrid is scheduled to travel to Whiterun. When Alvor called her after entering the house with Hadvar she wasn't present there, so I had to talk with Alvor in order to advance the quest. I'm not sure but maybe something similar could happen with Klimmek during The Book of Love quest.

Luminosity and RS together are so much better, glad that you included it in place of ELE. ELE makes interiors ridiculously dark IMO.

Thank you very much for the new version!

About AIO: I had a little issue with it during the Before the Storm quest because Sigrid is scheduled to travel to Whiterun. When Alvor called her after entering the house with Hadvar she wasn't present there, so I had to talk with Alvor in order to advance the quest. I'm not sure but maybe something similar could happen with Klimmek during The Book of Love quest.

Luminosity and RS together are so much better, glad that you included it in place of ELE. ELE makes interiors ridiculously dark IMO.

Thanks, sounds like a bug that needs to be reported on the mod page. I used LAL's "Camping in the Woods" to start my game.

Awesome! Really looking forward to trying the new lighting overhaul and switching from Immersive Citizens.

One thing is that Useless Patches Collection is missing on the nexus.

Just came across the same problem but I think it's just the link that's broken. Found it by searching manually (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27667)

Thanks. I got that mod page's links fixed and updated the instructions to remove the ELE stuff. That was old and before it was removed from the Guide.

One question/idea...

The Models & Textures section of the Audiovisual is very long.

Would it be a good idea to make this in to four parts?

First one would be Armor, Weapons, Clothing

Second part would be items like furniture, tools, food and so on

Third part would be creatures

Fourth would be environmental like water, trees, sky and so on

Or something similar... would make it much easier when trying out other mods?

One question/idea...

The Models & Textures section of the Audiovisual is very long.

Would it be a good idea to make this in to four parts?

First one would be Armor, Weapons, Clothing

Second part would be items like furniture, tools, food and so on

Third part would be creatures

Fourth would be environmental like water, trees, sky and so on

Or something similar... would make it much easier when trying out other mods?

Doing something like this would have to be considered for our upcoming wiki development, since adding in new mod groups is actually more of a process than one would think...our mod groups are tied into our framework. It's something to consider as that mod group continues to grow.

2. ELE is out and Luminosity is in.

• Upon testing, ELE was found to simply be too dark with vanilla lighting. Luminosity provides a good alternative when combined with the "Darker" interior settings from Cathedral Weathers. The interiors are brighter vs ELE, however, they still feel believable. The ambient lighting fills the rooms, but not in an overpowering way. The interiors experienced, thus far, have all felt natural, though stepping just beyond what I, personally, would consider "realistic". However, the balance is very nice and this combination is a worthy addition to STEP as the interior lighting is actually a bit closer to vanilla now.

I really like this change. I haven't played enough yet to have a full opinion on Luminosity, but I immediately ran around to check all the 'pitch black' interiors I remember from ELE and they are all now beautifully lit. Love it!

I really like this change. I haven't played enough yet to have a full opinion on Luminosity, but I immediately ran around to check all the 'pitch black' interiors I remember from ELE and they are all now beautifully lit. Love it!

I second this. Many of the inns I found too dark look great. I have yet to go in many dungeons/caves.

I second this. Many of the inns I found too dark look great. I have yet to go in many dungeons/caves.

Yes. I was finally able to see just how dark ELE is without an ENB correcting it. It was far too dark! Luminosity turned out to be a great alternative when combined with Cathedral Weather's darker interior option. JonnyWang told me he designed it that way so it's the intended for Luminosity. I glad you and others are enjoying the change!

Yes. I was finally able to see just how dark ELE is without an ENB correcting it. It was far too dark! Luminosity turned out to be a great alternative when combined with Cathedral Weather's darker interior option. JonnyWang told me he designed it that way so it's the intended for Luminosity. I glad you and others are enjoying the change!

This is a very nice change. Finished 0.3 last night and only have an hour of testing but it looks really great whererever i went.

Any feedback from the switch to AI Overhaul, yet? Honestly, I can't tell much of a difference so that is probably a good thing!

No major difference as far as i can tell. Though i am just running around all over random atm.

Archived