STEP would like to make clear this is a beta release!
- ...users installing this release are helping to test the Guide.
- ...changes are subject to happen between releases that may require a new game!
- ...though the Guide is considered stable, there could instabilities and mod conflicts that have been undiscovered.
This release requires a new game!
The major changes causing this are:
- ICAIO has been switched out in this release with AI Overhaul.
- We're very interested in feedback from the community who have played with both mods. Tells us which one is better...or can you tell a difference?!
- ELE is out and Luminosity is in.
- Upon testing, ELE was found to simply be too dark with vanilla lighting. Luminosity provides a good alternative when combined with the "Darker" interior settings from Cathedral Weathers. The interiors are brighter vs ELE, however, they still feel believable. The ambient lighting fills the rooms, but not in an overpowering way. The interiors experienced, thus far, have all felt natural, though stepping just beyond what I, personally, would consider "realistic". However, the balance is very nice and this combination is a worthy addition to STEP as the interior lighting is actually a bit closer to vanilla now.
- EBT full version has been switched out for the LITE version.
- This gives us the wonderful textures while skipping all the bells and whistles that comes coupled with a heavy script load in some situations.
- Multiple mods have been dropped or replaced, meaning there are multiple plugin changes.
- Other highlights with this release include:
- Complete review of all mod and Guide instructions resulting in the most straightforward version of the Guide yet.
- Updated instructions for xEdit setup to correct handling of output files.
- Updated instructions for DynDOLOD installation and generation due to a review by Sheson. (Thank you Sheson!)
- Those updating from previous Guide versions will need to pay close attention to this one! DynDOLOD Resources SE file has moved to Foundation mod group!
- xLODGen incorporated for updating terrain LOD and occlusion data. (It's finally time to put it to use!)
- Updated changelog formatting.
- Updated the wiki landing page with the more relevant links to content.
- Updated System Setup Guide for better clarity and expanded the Overlay section.
Several parts of the guide have been rewritten for clarity as of July 29, 2020. Most notably: