STEP Skyrim SE Guide v0.3.0b - Official Bug Reports

Hey, so I just finished going through and installing the full STEP 0.3.0b guide, and the game works, but I am getting a visual bug/glitch. On a lot of clouds there is this thick vertical line. I did install an ENB to see if that would help (it didn't), but I think i'll just uninstall it. I'm not sure what is causing the bug and im not "knowledgeable" about modding, I guess? Anyway, here are two images, one with the lines circled, and one with no editing: https://imgur.com/a/uqIW4bK
Any help would be greatly appreciated. =)

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm the lines in the sky issue.

Tested with:

Cathedral Weathers 2.22

Ethereal Clouds 2.0

Alternate Start 4.1.3

weather 0010E1F1

The issue occurs when loading following mods and testing with the weather type above. The lines don't appear in every weather. I don't know what is the source of the visual issue but for me installing older version of Ethereal Clouds ( I have 1.0.7) fixed it. I wait until you guys can test, confirm the problem and find a fix.

Hi!

There are a few bugs and outdated scripts in the mod "The Choice is Yours" by kryptopyr that have been reported on it's mod page (though only two of them can be fixed without script editing).

1) There is a bug which prevents the popup prompt from the book "The Aetherium Wars" from appearing if the player has entered Deep Folk Crossing.

From the Bugs tab by Aezay:

Found out what exactly is causing these issues.

Prompt now showing
When reading the book "The Aetherium Wars", the default script DefaultOnReadSetQuestStageNotAlias will explicitly set the stage, always. However, this mod's script TCIY_QuestBookMessageScript does a check, ensuring the stage is less than myStage (which is 10). However, when you get close to Deep Folk Crossing, the DLC1LD quest gets its stage set to 73. This means the prompt never triggers.

My proposed fix would be to do the following replacement. But I am saying that without knowing anything about papyrus scripting or having done any modding.
Into: If (!myQuest.IsStageDone(myStage))

This fix is doable if you know how to re-compile the script yourself after making the necessary changes (I tried it and the fix works as intended, though I understand such edits are outside the scope of the STEP guide).

2) The same popup will not display the "There may be more to this story." message and will instead be blank.

Again, from the bugs tab by Aezay:

Missing header text in the prompt
The TCIY_ReadBookMessage property of "The Aetherium Wars" refers to TCIY_ReadBookMessage_DG, which is just an empty message, unlike TCIY_ReadBookMessage, which is used for the other quest books. Just delete this message and use TCIY_ReadBookMessage for both?

This can be fixed with SSEEdit and I suggest adding this to the core patch in the meantime until kryptopyr updates the mod herself.

To fix it, make the following edits to the core patch:

In FormID 02004D5B, replace the FormID "TCIY_ReadBookMessage_DG [MESG:3D016A63]" with "TCIY_ReadBookMessage [MESG:3D01665F]"

3) The scripts from this mod are missing changes from newer versions of USSEP (I don't know what effects these scripts have in the game).

From the posts tab, by user Tommy2368:

Still an essential mod for me, but six of the mod's scripts need updating for USSEP standards. Since these aren't strict bugs with the mod itself, I'm posting my findings here.

QF_FreeformSoljundsSinkholeA_0006136B: TCIY's GetFormFromFile command uses a string with a typo, preventing the relevant Object Reference from being filled.
QF_MS01_00018B4B: Based on the source code, USSEP removed changes from USKP 2.1.3 from Fragment 47.
QF_MS07Start_000AA9A9: USSEP adds an additional Stop command to Fragment 1.
QF_MS08_0001CF25: USSEP adds additional code to Fragment 13, and alters code in Fragment 21.
QF_MS09_0001CF26: USSEP adds an additional line of code to Fragment 15.
QF_MS14_00025F3E: USSEP adds and streamlines code in Fragments 25 and 27. USSEP also uses different coding in Fragment 30; the code now sets a crime faction, instead of relationship rank.

I have edited the above scripts, but I can't confirm that they work as intended as I haven't played any of the edited quests yet, so do this at your own risk (again, not in the scope of the STEP guide, only do this for testing purposes).

4) The mod reverts necessary USSEP changes to the Soljund's Sinkhole quest where you kill the draugr in the mine. USSEP makes it so that they don't respawn after the quest is completed, but TCIY reverts it so that they do respawn. This can result in the Draugr killing miners.

From the Bugs tab, by user mikeprichard:

TCIY, which must be loaded after USSEP for several reasons, reverts to broken vanilla behavior whereby completing the quest to clear Soljund's Sinkhole (FreeformSoljundSinkholeA) does not permanently disable the draugr in the mine, resulting in the draugr possibly killing the returned miners. I suggest that TCIY and the author's other mods be restructured to have USSEP as a requirement to avoid this and other similar problems.

Until this is fixed by the author, you can do it yourself by carrying over the changes USSEP makes to FormID 0006136B under the "Script Properties" tab. Even better if it is included in the Core patch.

I this helps!

• +1 1

• 1 month later...
I like to point out that "kryptopyr's Patch Hub" have an outdated version of the patch "Improved Closefaced Helmets - WACCF"

LOOT is reporting this...

Instead of using this patch, i use the www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21747 which i merge into the original "Improved closefaced helmets (SE)" mod. No more warnings in LOOT now.

I like to point out that "kryptopyr's Patch Hub" have an outdated version of the patch "Improved Closefaced Helmets - WACCF"

LOOT is reporting this...

Instead of using this patch, i use the www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21747 which i merge into the original "Improved closefaced helmets (SE)" mod. No more warnings in LOOT now.

This is merged in the STEP patches ... note the merged indicator in leftmost col of the guide next to this mod. I updated the instructions for Krypto's Patch Hub to be a bit clearer. I reexamined LOOT messages, and all clear but for a message about USSEP - Gemling Queen Jewelry SE compatibility patch. Since I'm not sure what the issue is here, I defer to Tech or others.

This is merged in the STEP patches ... note the merged indicator in leftmost col of the guide next to this mod. I updated the instructions for Krypto's Patch Hub to be a bit clearer. I reexamined LOOT messages, and all clear but for a message about USSEP - Gemling Queen Jewelry SE compatibility patch. Since I'm not sure what the issue is here, I defer to Tech or others.

TY sir  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I am posting this in the correct place - I just got through the entire STEP Guide for SE, making sure to Read The Friendly Manual multiple times, to make sure I understood. Prior to messing with DynDOLOD and LODGen, I went to launch the game with SKSE and it would not start. After much troubleshooting, I figured out that all I needed to do was untick .NET Script Framework in the left pane of MO2. I did run through the instructions several times to make sure I had not missed anything (I just assume any issues are PEBCAK). I'm not using any kind of ENB, and I'm not sure if it will bork anything down the road, but I just wanted to pass along the information.

I don't think this is an issue with the guide since several of us have installed and are using the guide successfully. The .NET Script Framework mod page on Nexus has a troubleshooting section toward the bottom of the page you can use. The first step should be to verify that Skyrim Special Edition is not installed in any UAC-controlled folders (like C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)). If this is good, open NET Script Framework in Explorer, right click on each DLL you can find and click Properties to ensure none of these has an Unblock button or checkbox. If you see Unblock in the Properties dialog, click it and click OK.

• 2 weeks later...

etKGdvb.png

My understanding is the guide is top down right? Mods are in order and those lower on the list come "after?"

Also theres a new dynamic snow version 3 so the instructions dont work

LOOT shows a lot of compat warnings, do i need to do anything about them?

Edited by FireCulex

etKGdvb.png

My understanding is the guide is top down right? Mods are in order and those lower on the list come "after?"

Also theres a new dynamic snow version 3 so the instructions dont work

LOOT shows a lot of compat warnings, do i need to do anything about them?

I dont use Vortex but MO2 as guide say so i can not help you with that but some patches Loot reffers to is not needed as those fixes are in the STEP Patch installed at the end of the guide.

Mod page Fomod updated to reflect BDS 3.x options. We will need someone to test these settings in game, each of the three plugins will need to be tested with each of the three Projected Diffuse Texture options and the Optional Addon.

I would do it, but I'm waaay busy with the site upgrade, so any assistance would be appreciated. Post some screen compares if possible on the mod thread.

I did the Golden Claw quest, when I spoke with Farengar I turned in the Dragonstone as I already had it. Irileth had disappeared. I tried to moveto but it put me underneath the map outside Dragonreach in Whiterun near the water. Balgruff refused to speak to me. Default start. I fixed it by

prid 0001a67f

enable

setstage MQ104 15

Then the Jarl would speak to me and I would meet Irileth outside the watchtower and then... nothing. No dragon spawn. I did a .moveto to Mirmulnir and it put me nearby in the mountains but he wasn't there. I fixed him by

prid 0001CA05

enable

and then the quest chain worked normally once again.

Edited by FireCulex