RUSTIC CLUTTER COLLECTION - Special Edition (by Gamwich)

sirtechfan

Discussion topic:
RUSTIC CLUTTER COLLECTION - Special Edition by Gamwich
Wiki Link

Testing Results
Assuming we only use what we like from this mod...

STEP Recommends: 1K , which is still 2x vanilla resolution

Hide the following files/folders:

• Textures\clutter\common (entire folder)
  • Textures\clutter\containers\satchel.dds
  • Textures\clutter\containers\satchel_n.dds
  • Textures\clutter\diningset (entire folder)
  • Textures\clutter\dwemer (entire folder)
  • Textures\clutter\ingredients (entire folder)
  • Textures\clutter\glazedpottery01.dds
  • Textures\clutter\glazedpottery01_n.dds
  • Textures\clutter\glazedpottery02.dds
  • Textures\clutter\glazedpottery02_n.dds
  • Textures\clutter\katariahclutter01.dds
  • Textures\clutter\moneybag01.dds
  • Textures\clutter\moneybag01_n.dds
  • Textures\clutter\sovngardeclutter01.dds
  • Textures\clutter\sovngardeclutter01_n.dds

Vanilla (unless STEP=vanilla, then omitted) > STEP > Rustic Clutter Collection

Safe: STEP=vanilla
Shot100.pngShot113.png

Silver: STEP=Ruins Clutter Improved
Shot123.pngShot101.pngShot114.png

Glazed: STEP=vanilla
Shot102.pngShot115.png

Mead: STEP=HQ Food and Ingredients
Shot125.pngShot104.pngShot116.png

Satchel & Strongbox: STEP=vanilla
Shot105.pngShot117.png

Pouch: STEP=RCI
Wine: STEP=Vanilla
Shot127.pngShot106.pngShot118.png

Dining Set: STEP=RCI
Shot128.pngShot107.pngShot119.png

Tankards: STEP=SMIM
Shot129.pngShot108.pngShot120.png

Metal Cage: STEP=SRO
Shot130.pngShot112.pngShot121.png

I was surprised to see this mod wasn't included in the guide given how many other RUSTIC mods are. Is there a specific reason this was excluded? Seems like a natural addition.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5795

I was surprised to see this mod wasn't included in the guide given how many other RUSTIC mods are. Is there a specific reason this was excluded? Seems like a natural addition.

I believe most of the stuff in that mod is covered by other mods in the Guide. I remember checking it out once a long time ago and it was all very similar to what we had. I've probably not looked at it on SE.

I believe most of the stuff in that mod is covered by other mods in the Guide. I remember checking it out once a long time ago and it was all very similar to what we had. I've probably not looked at it on SE.

I'll take a closer look as well and see if these textures are being covered by the other mods. It just stuck out to me since this mod looks to be included in almost every other mod guide I looked at. Thanks for the reply and I'll post here once I get a chance to dig a little deeper.

• 3 months later...

27/46 textures have no conflicts in STEP.

When placed in alphabetical order it overwrites some textures from SMIM (tankard), SRO (metalcage), Ruins Clutter Improved (dwemer pottery, pouch, flagon and some others)  and HQ Food and Ingredients (mead).

Then moneybag gets overwritten by Skyrim Redesigned.

When placed in alphabetical order it overwrites some textures from SMIM (tankard), SRO (metalcage), Ruins Clutter Improved (dwemer pottery, pouch, flagon and some others)  and HQ Food and Ingredients (mead).

Then moneybag gets overwritten by Skyrim Redesigned.

Agree, I just didn't want to type all the details. Either way, it still provides 27 textures to compare against vanilla. The rest need to be compared to the conflicting mods I guess.

Agree, I just didn't want to type all the details. Either way, it still provides 27 textures to compare against vanilla. The rest need to be compared to the conflicting mods I guess.

Those vanilla textures seem to be:

strongbox

safewithlocks

satchel

meadblackbriar

meadtg03honningbrew

beerlabel

dwlorecube

glazedpottery

Mod also includes cubemap for: ore_silver

• 2 weeks later...

Added compares to OP.

About 50% of the items are covered. The money bag isn't, but will be the same as the pouch texture with improved coins in the texture. Sovngarde gold items aren't included, but they'll look just like the silver (just gold). Most the mead bottles will has a similar look to the one included, but with better labels. I got tired of running around looking for the rest.

Of the compares so far,

• The safe is better. The vanilla safe is just flat and ugly.
  • I much prefer RCI silver.
  • The vanilla glazed pottery never looked that bad to me. I don't really care for Gamwich's, but it's not bad. Take it or leave it.
  • The mead is a deviation from vanilla so STEP on that one too.
  • Satchel is just darker and less interesting, imo. The strongbox is something that also bothered me because it's very clearly "welded" and has modern welds at the seams. Gamwich looks like he's trying to hide that by mainly just blacking it out, which makes it hard to locate sometimes.
  • The pouch is better up close, but a bit new looking. The wine is the second one that I actually think is better and we're already using his potions.
  • Dining set looks like it's catered to the noble style and looks good with noble furniture. However, mixing it with farms and dungeons it looks out of place, which is why I took the picture I did.
  • The tankards from SMIM are closer to vanilla, imo.
  • The metal cage from Rustic just looks weird...I think it's the rivets...I prefer SRO, which is closer to vanilla, but still an improvement.

So that's the safe and wine so far that have my vote.