Wrye Bash (by Wrye)

Bealdwine

Question

Discussion thread:
Wrye Bash by Wrye
Wiki Link
Wiki Guide

The most versatile and sophisticated mod manager for TES4 & TES5. Much more than just a mod manager, Wrye Bash is the Swiss Army Knife of modding. Visit the guide for a more thorough description and instructions for use maintaining STEP.

Nexus thread

Latest release notes:

Thanks to Mertz AKA Beermotor for putting these release notes together :

Wrye Bash 307 Beta 2 Release Notes

Highlights

Code has been refactored and cleaned up. Many bugs have died sudden and brutish deaths.
Refactored Bashed Patcher for Skyrim Special Edition. See below for special notes on this update.
SSE and FO4 save game support
Creation Club ESL and save game support.
Increased max-plugin count if using ESL files
Support for installing BodySlide and BodySlide data files**
Better support for FNIS**
Better support for installing DynDOLOD content
Support for Fallout 4 MCM and MCM plugins
Better SKSE64 plugin support
SKSE64 cosave support
Dramatically improved ( go faster! ) filesystem operations
Better file handling with dirty mods (for examle mods that have desktop.ini, thumbs.db files accidentally packed in the zip)
(Bugfix) Improved BCF (BAIN Converter File) support for Skyrin, Skyrim Special Edition, and Fallout 4
(Bugfix) Bash will no longer include mods with BSA files in plugin merges
(Bugfix) Better crash handling and exeption generation
(Bugfix) Fixed several bugs with INI Tweak handling
(Bugfix) Better settings handling. This is still a work-in-progress as we rework this portion of the code.
** Note: Bash skips executable files as a security measure. As a work-around, see the wiki article on how to set up Bodyslide executables with Bash.

Special note on the Bashed Patcher for Skyrim Special Edition: This version is form version 44 enforcing, meaning you will receive an error if you have any classic Skyrim plugins in your load order that have not been converted correctly in the SE Creation Kit (SECK). It will continue to build the patch, but you may encounter unusual behavior in the game. Do not ask the Bash team for assistance for issues arising from the use of v43 plugins with the SSE Bashed Patch.

Currently in development:

Further code refactoring and clean-up
More Bash Tags supported in Skyrim Special Edition
More Bash tweaks for Skyrim games and Fallout 4.
New Bash Tags for new SSE and Fallout 4 record types
More patchers for the Bashed Patcher for Skyrim Special Edition
Better Fallout 4 support
FOMOD support

Special thanks to the Wrye Bash team and contributors

Utumno - Lead developer and project lead
Alt3rn1ty
Arthmoor
Diadalos
Sharlikran
Beermotor
Saebel
Nycz
Iaz3
Fireundubh
Zilav
WrinklyNinja
Ravenmind
Supierce
Leonardo
LmStearn
Leandor
Valda

and we sincerely apologize for anyone we forgot.

Thanks to everyone that submitted bug reports, feature requests, issue reports, or just reported something being flat-out broken. We appreciate your help.

And a very special thanks to everyone that uses Wrye Bash to manage their Bethesda games. We do this for you.

BUG REPORTS:

Please follow the guidelines set out in the wiki for Reporting a bug.

Please post any bug reports to the Nexus thread. Do not post bug reports directly to the GitHub issues tracker.

Thank you!

Just starting this thread for general questions... which I'm bound to have a few ;)Starting with (and I've already done some hunting for this to no avail):What is the whole 'Warning - Load List Sanitized' thing about? Why does it disable select mods and what can I do about it?

Back to my OP *cough* ;)

The mods disabled when WB 'sanitized' my list were RealisticWaterTextures.esp, SoS - The Dungeons.esp, & SoS - The Wilds.esp none of which have been knowingly deleted or removed...

Could there be another reason for this action? Nothing in the WB installers or mods tabs suggests anything wrong with these either, no coloured icon (they are green with a + sign), text, or text background. It puzzles me :|

You could make a junction folder in 'Data' called 'Root', that actually leads to the main skyrim game directory. In this way, you could trick Wrye in to managing those top level files too.

As a champion of symbolic links and a user of WB, I am ashamed that I never thought of this idea before... It's brilliant.

@Bealdwine You should try asking in the Wrye Bash thread. I'm sure someone there would know. I would like to know the answer to that too.

Edit: Refer to the post above. Frihyland posted it the same time I posted this... weird.

About tricking Wrye to install in main skyrim game directory, will it work if you added /Data/Root to actually point into the main Skyrim game directory (as suggested by MontyMM), put a folder named 'Root' in a BAIN arhcive, put files that need installing in the main skyrim directory like RCRN inside it, tick has extra directories, then install?

From the horse's mouth Wyre Bash thread

I'm surprised I never got that page in a google search. What is interesting is that the only way the guy fixed his issue was re-installing WB and ensuring anything related to it's install that was left over was cleared out. Sounds like his WB got into some funky state, possibly something written to a dat file that was causing a clash.

FYI

I started a new thread adjacent to this one entitled "[GUIDE] Wrye Bash"

This is a continuation of the "Wrye Bash Guide" of the previous forum. The doc is progressing well, and I encourage any relative WB n00bs to start at the beginning and read through to the BCFs. I think you will notice an improvement and that a lot of questions may be answered...

I've never experienced mods being sanitized myself, and it's odd that I am having no luck in finding any information about what that really means either.

At what point does it sanitize? Running BOSS? Installing a mod?

Sorry I missed this before - I get the 'sanitized' warning as soon as I open WB, no other action taken. Plus something is resetting plugins.txt to alphabetical order and I suspect it's related to this.

I've never experienced mods being sanitized myself, and it's odd that I am having no luck in finding any information about what that really means either.

Sorry I missed this before - I get the 'sanitized' warning as soon as I open WB, no other action taken. Plus something is resetting plugins.txt to alphabetical order and I suspect it's related to this.

I guess you've tried uninstalling/re-installing the mods? In the link to the WB thread where a guy was having the same trouble, he was only able to clear it up by re-installing WB, but clearing out all left over files before installing again. Hopefully you don't have to do that, but is there for a last resort.

The only time I've seen my plugins.txt file get ordered alphabetically is if it was empty, then Skyrim Launcher would add mods in that order.

I guess you've tried uninstalling/re-installing the mods? In the link to the WB thread where a guy was having the same trouble, he was only able to clear it up by re-installing WB, but clearing out all left over files before installing again. Hopefully you don't have to do that, but is there for a last resort.

The only time I've seen my plugins.txt file get ordered alphabetically is if it was empty, then Skyrim Launcher would add mods in that order.

Simplest fix is reinstall, and I recommend the Python version. works excatly the same way but for the creation of a shortcut in the start menu. Just start WB using "skyrim/Mopy/Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw" or create your own shortcut to that. Advantage is that you can always delete all of the compiled *.py files (*.pyc) and regenerate. I think that sometimes something can get set in these, and one can reset by deleting the *.pyc files. This should be done if any of the *.py files are edited for any reason. Also, delete:

%USERDOCS%\My Games\Skyrim\BashSettings.dat

Reinstall of standard version can work too, but I think that there are fewer problems with the Python version

EDIT: Just noticed Faitmaker's preceding post. I think that he is correct. Ensure that The BOSS-related settings under Mods tab are UNchecked in WB 295.5

Posted Image

Simplest fix is reinstall, and I recommend the Python version. works excatly the same way but for the creation of a shortcut in the start menu. Just start WB using "skyrim/Mopy/Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw" or create your own shortcut to that. Advantage is that you can always delete all of the compiled *.py files (*.pyc) and regenerate. I think that sometimes something can get set in these, and one can reset by deleting the *.pyc files. This should be done if any of the *.py files are edited for any reason. Also, delete:

FYI, the Standalone version also creates compiled versions, but they are labeled with an 'o' at the end (no .pyc extension). The same thing applies here, you can just delete all of the o files and they will be regenerated. The Python version is only necessary for developers, and for the run-of-the-mill users, the Standalone version is much simpler to deal with without requiring additional product installations.

RCRN is made up of two complimentary parts - an ESP similar to Realistic Lighting, and the post processor. So even if the shaders aren't installed, you would still see some of the effects.

Can I just get this one straight in my head ;)

So... the post processor for RCRN is the equivalent of TC's iCCC for RL yes?

Not sure if this helps but I recall reading a method for renaming one of D3D9.dll allowing 2 to work together - can't remember the details atm but it relied on using a [Proxy] entry in a script.

I tried to get info on using this method to introduce injectSMAA with iCCC but never did get any replies :P

Don't know if any of that helps or is just blather, ho hum :)

It sounds like blather but it is interesting blather, nonetheless. :lol: