Cant start SKSE with Mod manager 2, any help?

ImBluuee

Question

Im new here and im not sure if im asking in the right place and sorry if im not but i installed SKSE into my skyrim and Mod manager but when i try to launch it through mod manager it crashes, if i go into my skyrim files and run skse.exe the game runs fine. Im on skyrim se too.

3 answers to this question

I'll assume you are following the STEP guide and have done both parts to setup SKSE properly (manually placed the 3 named files into your root directory, and created a mod with the SKSE scripts folder in it).  If not, try that first.

If you have, make sure that Steam is running in the background before running SKSE through MO2. You should see the Steam icon when you select the Show hidden icons ^ on the right hand side of your Windows Task bar at the bottom of your monitor.  You don't want to launch the game from Steam, but Steam still needs to be running for it to work.

Blue with 2 cogs is right. That video has you set up SKSE differently than this guide (but both should work, technically). He's using an older version of SKSE in the video, so make sure you have the most current version of both the game and SKSE64. You also shouldn't be doing any of the steps past the 9:30 part of that video. Those are if you ever want to use older versions of the game.

The current version of Skyrim Special Edition on Steam is 1.5.97. To match this, you should be using SKSE64 version 2_00_17. If not, it certainly will cause a crash.