Leveled Lists question

sirtechfan

Since the Guide manages any leveled list conflicts with the STEP patch, if I add a mod that modifies leveled lists do I need to correct any conflicts manually or can I generate a Bashed patch to handle them? 

Both methods will be new for me to learn, but I wanted to know if a Bashed patch is even possible to use on top of the STEP patch. 

Thanks.

Edited by sirtechfan

Yes, if you add a mod that modifies leveled lists (or modifies anything), you will need create your own conflict resolution patch.

You can manually resolve conflicts using xEdit, that would probably be the best and easiest option to learn first.

Later, and if you add a group of additional mods, I would recommend learning to use Mator Smash.

So no Bashed patch, then? I'm under the impression that Bashed patches are recommended for leveled lists specificially. I'm getting comfortable with CR using xEdit, but wanted to know if a Bashed patch was easier or even possible given the STEP patch already includes some leveled list modifications.

So no Bashed patch, then? I'm under the impression that Bashed patches are recommended for leveled lists specificially. I'm getting comfortable with CR using xEdit, but wanted to know if a Bashed patch was easier or even possible given the STEP patch already includes some leveled list modifications.

I've not tried it and the STEP Patches do not have not Bash Tags set...so using a Bashed Patch on top of the Guide would be a bit of an experiment. The thing is making a Bashed Patch isn't just a "run and done" process. You have to set the proper Bash Tags on the right mods, else the results are completely broken.