Photo

Wonders of Weather causing CTD

Best Answer z929669 , 30 July 2020 - 09:43 AM

I registered an account just to say thank you for this. It was indeed the rain splashes from Wonders of Weather. Turning those off resolved this crash I was having near the dragon mound on the road headed west along the trail from Whiterun's Western Watch Tower.

This may be relevant to some but not all. Will add a note to the Guide.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 steveley

steveley

Thane

• Citizen
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:41 AM

During heavy rain, if you approach an unopened dragon burial mound, you can CTD. Recommend the guide be updated to uncheck rain splash effects to avoid this bug.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,828 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:39 AM

Oh?

Hmm...

STEP-SE28.png

...seems to be fine to me.

#3 steveley

steveley

Thane

• Citizen
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:19 PM

Yes, it is a widely reported issue on their nexus forum, and a bug has been filed showing that the script is being called so quickly that it isn't having enough time to execute before it is being called again.

#4 Mercury71

Mercury71

Guard

• VIP-Supporter
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:02 AM

Yes, it is a widely reported issue on their nexus forum, and a bug has been filed showing that the script is being called so quickly that it isn't having enough time to execute before it is being called again.

So it is not a bug as much a performance issue? I have never had this problem.

#5 steveley

steveley

Thane

• Citizen
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:37 PM

Dunno man, semantics maybe? I don't care either way, heh. Just passing on information that may be helpful to others who might have CTD issues with this option enabled.

#6 unavailableID

unavailableID

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:40 PM

I registered an account just to say thank you for this. It was indeed the rain splashes from Wonders of Weather. Turning those off resolved this crash I was having near the dragon mound on the road headed west along the trail from Whiterun's Western Watch Tower.

#7 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,882 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:43 AM   Best Answer

This may be relevant to some but not all. Will add a note to the Guide.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users