Wonders of Weather causing CTD

steveley

Yes, it is a widely reported issue on their nexus forum, and a bug has been filed showing that the script is being called so quickly that it isn't having enough time to execute before it is being called again.

So it is not a bug as much a performance issue? I have never had this problem.

• +1 1

• 3 weeks later...

I registered an account just to say thank you for this. It was indeed the rain splashes from Wonders of Weather. Turning those off resolved this crash I was having near the dragon mound on the road headed west along the trail from Whiterun's Western Watch Tower.

• 4 weeks later...

I registered an account just to say thank you for this. It was indeed the rain splashes from Wonders of Weather. Turning those off resolved this crash I was having near the dragon mound on the road headed west along the trail from Whiterun's Western Watch Tower.

This may be relevant to some but not all. Will add a note to the Guide.

• 8 months later...
On 4/12/2021 at 6:19 PM, notcyf said:

Is it a good idea to install this with the Less Opaque Splash plugin checked?:

It edits the way the mounds are displayed and seems to rename and replace the mound meshes. The author states the CTD is caused by the way water splashes collide with the meshes.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43188

I always install the Less Opaque option. It just looks better, imo, but it's dependent on your weather/lighting/ENB.

As for that fix, I can't say either way, either. I don't have this issue, so it could very well be performanced based. If it was truly a mesh/collision issue and nothing else, everyone would have the issue. The fact that not everyone does means the root issue is likely something else, but the fix is probably just circumventing it with some trickery.

• 6 months later...

I had this same issue when I discovered the Lone Mountain Dragon Mound while traveling west from Whiterun toward the Swindler's Den.
It's raining heavily in my game right now, and nearly immediately after the location discovery popup, it would CTD without stutters or warning.

I went into MCM to the Wonders of Weather settings, changed Rain Splashes: Level = Disabled, and no longer have the CTD.

Just posting this here in hopes it helps someone else, as Googling and finding this thread helped me.
Thanks all

UPDATE: Installing the mod mentioned above - WoW Dragon Mounds CTD Fix - also fixes the issue, even with Rain Splashes: Level = Medium

Edited by WiredNet
Update re: mod
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 11:31 AM, WiredNet said:

I had this same issue when I discovered the Lone Mountain Dragon Mound while traveling west from Whiterun toward the Swindler's Den.
It's raining heavily in my game right now, and nearly immediately after the location discovery popup, it would CTD without stutters or warning.

I went into MCM to the Wonders of Weather settings, changed Rain Splashes: Level = Disabled, and no longer have the CTD.

Just posting this here in hopes it helps someone else, as Googling and finding this thread helped me.
Thanks all

UPDATE: Installing the mod mentioned above - WoW Dragon Mounds CTD Fix - also fixes the issue, even with Rain Splashes: Level = Medium

Thanks for your report!