Photo
- - - - -

Should we be using UNP textures? (for FAR Argonians)

unp far argonian

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spaceoden

spaceoden

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:10 PM

Hi all,

I just got to the character section of the 0.3.0b guide, and I noticed it recommends installing the "Vanilla" version of the FAR Argonian textures, which I thought was odd because I noticed the guide also recommends the "Vanilla Body with UNP Textures" mod. Would it not make more sense to install the UNP version of the FAR textures? Does it not apply because Vanilla w/ UNP doesn't touch/effect Argonians, or does it not matter because UNP and vanilla are close enough?

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,750 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:48 PM

To be honest, I've never looked at those characters close enough to look for issues. Technically, Vanilla body with UNP Textures should make it so that you can use UNP textures so it should work, if that mod works. If it doesn't FAR is just textures so it's an easy revert to use a different option.

#3 spaceoden

spaceoden

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:08 AM

Yep, as I suspected, the two are almost identical. The only significant difference appears to be some added areas that I assume cover NSFW areas. So yeah, it looks like for STEP, the vanilla and UNP textures are functionally identical

0CRDuzB.png

Edited by spaceoden, 02 July 2020 - 02:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users