Need to verify integrity of game files(explained)

Sakiri

So I'm having a (recurring, oddly enough -_-) old bug where as soon as I enter the game, I have a level up waiting.  This has happened to me a number of times in the past, and the only way I've been able to fix it, is to verify the integrity of game files.

https://imgur.com/wGhQsTx

As you can see, I'm in the abandoned prison right after character creation, and I have a level up waiting. I sometimes will open the menu to see if this bug's happened or not, it's that frequent in my games. 

My question is, since I've never had to do this with a STEP install(in fact, it's never happened to me in LE), I don't know what will happen to my install if I have to run the verifying operation. I really don't want to screw it up and have to do this all over again. On top of it, I think SSE has updated again so I *really* don't know what to do.

Unless anyone else has a fix for this bug, by all means, let me know. If I leave it be, my leveling is *greatly* accelerated. I'll level every couple weapon swings or spell casts. It's absurd. 

Help?