Tech Enhanced - No Man's Sky

no mans sky

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:12 PM

Discussion topic:
Tech Enhanced - No Man's Sky
A simple guide that fixes some issues, lessens annoyances, and enhances the vanilla gameplay mechanics without "cheating".

Resource File: Nexus Mods

#2 boycad

boycad

Noble

• Citizen
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 07:31 AM

oo interesting

I tried this game too.  Im curious to see what it can be like modded.  

Come to think of it, I did try one or two mods along with the game.  They didnt work very well.

Edited by boycad, 09 October 2020 - 07:40 AM.

#3 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 01:34 PM

oo interesting

I tried this game too.  Im curious to see what it can be like modded.  

Come to think of it, I did try one or two mods along with the game.  They didnt work very well.

Modding NMS is completely different than Bethesda games. Most your edits are to global files that are just glorified XML files. Conflicts are resolved by the last file that wins, so unless you're merging changes from conflicting files, you are not going to end up with the result you desire.

Also, NMS updates fairly often so keeping mods up-to-date is a bit of a chore...as such, mods become obsolete fairly quickly unless their authors keep them updated. The other issue is the global file parameters are not 100% understood and what is understood of them isn't documented well (or at all). ...not to mention some major game update can have made some parameters obsolete without being cleaned up by the devs. It's a bit of a "wild west" in terms of modding NMS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guide, no mans sky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users