MO2 Skyrim file conflicts

Colossum0012

Question

First of all, i humbly ask that no one be triggered by my noobness in using Mod Organizer, but i only started using it today, switched over from NMM. What i will ask may seem like something insanely trivial maybe to some, but i just want to be sure i have everything sorted out and clean to avoid potential CTD's. So, i understood the basics of what conflicts are and why they happen from MO2's tutorials, but i didn't really understand how i can resolve them, and whether or not they're harmless or if they're potentially dangerous/game-breaking. I finished installing all my mods, sorted them with LOOT, and now all i have left is two conflicts, between "Hunterborn" and "Go to bed", and between "Hunterborn" and the "Hunterborn SkyTEST Patch" (for the mod "SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators). I'll include a link to a screenshot of my MO (can't post the actual screenshot here for some reason), so you can see the files involved, and what's being overwritten and etc, and tell me if it's something that needs to be solved (and how) or not, and if it can later cause issues (namely CTD's) for me in-game. Any help is greatly appreciated :) thanks for reading

https://imgur.com/a/g4iLqSH

Edited by Colossum0012

3 answers to this question

Ok, not really a MO2 problem, but a modding problem. It is nice that MO lets you see the conflicts.

I do not think that script conflicts will cause CDTs for the most part, only lost functionality in the mod the loses the conflict. What is more concerning, and a potential problem producer is having the game in the Windows “Program Files†folder as it is a protected folder.

I looked at the mod pages and I would say that the order in which the mods are installed should be Ok. You have them installed in the order I would have installed them. The only way to tell is to play the game and see if you have lost any functionality from these mods.

Ok, not really a MO2 problem, but a modding problem. It is nice that MO lets you see the conflicts.

I do not think that script conflicts will cause CDTs for the most part, only lost functionality in the mod the loses the conflict. What is more concerning, and a potential problem producer is having the game in the Windows “Program Files†folder as it is a protected folder.

I looked at the mod pages and I would say that the order in which the mods are installed should be Ok. You have them installed in the order I would have installed them. The only way to tell is to play the game and see if you have lost any functionality from these mods.

Many thanks for the help, GSDFan :). As you suggested, i moved the Skyrim folder to outside Program Files. I didn't move the whole Steam folder though, really just the Skyrim one. I hope that isn't an issue.