Clarification about 'Optional' steps within STEP:0.3.0b

Liraeli

Hi, I've just run into an issue while following the STEP guide, wanted to know if anyone with more knowledge could clear it up?

Earlier in the guide, I opted to skip this step, under Tool Setup. 

(optional) Some people like to place tools like xEdit that output files into mod listings rather than the default Overwrite folder. Note that, like Overwrite, these 'mods' do not need to be ticked in the MO left pane. The optional steps to do this are indicated below:

1. (optional) On the MO window, click the Open list options button at the top of the left pane, next to the profile selection drop-down.
  2. (optional) Choose Create empty mod, name it xEdit Output, and click 'OK'.

Later on in the guide, having optionally not set up xEdit Output, the guide asks this, under Moving the Cleaned Files

Cleaned Masters

1. In MO, hold Ctrl and double-click on the Cleaned Vanilla Masters mod listing to open its mod folder.
  2. Now open a new Explorer window and navigate to the Skyrim Special Edition Data directory (e.g. ../Modding/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/Data)
  3. Cut and paste the four cleaned master files from Data to the Cleaned Vanilla Masters folder.
  4. In MO, hold Ctrl and double-click on the SSEEdit Output mod listing to open its mod folder.

Now, I have no way to go through with this step, not marked (optional), so I'm at a standstill. Can someone help me? I'm not sure if I have to go back and make that xEdit Output file, and if so, how to move the edits i've already made while cleaning the master files to the new output folder