• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Liraeli

Liraeli

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 01:13 AM

Okay, so yesterday I played around 5 hours on the Default INI file, no crashes, but as i'm getting ready to make lunch, the game blackscreens and crashes. I saved my game, fast traveled, did all the normal things, but honestly I think this was just my computer.

For some unknown reason, my computer blackscreen's occasionally, not sure what causes it, but it causes most games with decent graphics to crash when I get sound+video back in a couple seconds. My drivers are up to date and i'm running two screens, VGA and HDMI, and they crash at the same time, so I don't think it's a faulty cable. I've even had to rebuild my PC into a new case for unrelated reasons, and the problem persisted through it. If anyone has any ideas about that, lmk...

Regardless, I'll play for a few hours with SKSE, see what results I get. Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it

#17 GSDFan

GSDFan

Jarl

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 04:33 AM

Ouch, hardware problems is a different animal altogether and a different forum. I won’t be able to help with that, even though I have been building my own computers for many years.

Good luck.

#18 Liraeli

Liraeli

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:48 AM

Okay, found enough time to play around 4 hours of SKSE on the default INI file, no crashes at all, again, seems to run pretty well through MO2, basically as if I were running SSE normally unmodded. Like before, I did test the game, did my saves, fast travelling, messing with physics bodies, ect, but nothing, not even frame loss

#19 Liraeli

Liraeli

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 08:04 PM

OKAY i found the issue, and to be honest, totally my fault. One of the mods on the Step list, Dragons Shout with Voice, had a patch that made sure the sound came from the correct space, so it didn't sound like the dragon was right next to you. This patch was using type 43 something, while SSE uses type 44. This was such a small error that I hadn't even considered it was an issue, but first thing I tried was uninstalling that mod... And it launched. Thank god for that :)

#20 GSDFan

GSDFan

Jarl

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:20 PM

Glad you found the problem. It feels good when you identify a problem and then find the answer. I just went through maybe three days tracking down a sleep/wait CDT in fallout 4.

Good luck in the future modding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users