Hearthfire Extended (by Kinaga)

TechAngel85

I have been using it for a few months. I say it is a keeper. I love the fixes for oversights on Bethesda's part. Such as apiaries, brewing alcohol, and that milk and butter are available for harvest. I agree that the mod requires planning due to the lack of an undo feature. Maybe there can be a note that says the mod is best used for those already familiar with hearthfire?.

I think this is true about Hearthfire in general... if you build a library and decide you don't like it, there's no way to back out without reverting to a previous save and losing progress. Even though I don't usually build these houses, I do like the Hearthfire Extended additions that make these homes more useful. I just wish it was as easy to make honey bread at home as it is in the game. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

FYI there is a patch for Hearthfire Extended and Fishing CC: Hearthfires Extended and Creation Club Fishing Patch (Nexus).

Apparently there is an issue when building both Fishing CC aquariums and HE extended cellars... I have no idea what the actual issue is, or whether this patch works, or if it's good. I don't use SAE nor the Fishing CC content. But it may be relevant to the STEP 2.0 guide.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, LittleGuy said:

The link for Hearthfires Extended and CC Fishing Patch needs to be updated.
STEP.thumb.png.5131aaa86312aa83285403c0c74bbf71.png
Patch.thumb.png.9e23b1af05cb029386e062cbbd6676dc.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uwe8emeblb27e2b/movedaquarium_uesp.7z/file

It appears to be hosted on Nexus now:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61548

... checking the masters when I'm finished with other tasks.

EDIT: For some completely stupid reason, the Nexus MA is linking to this MediaFire-hosted version, which was updated for latest USSEP changes as you noted previously. How annoying.:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uwe8emeblb27e2b/movedaquarium_uesp.7z/file

They're probably are doing it to skirt Nexus' new ToS around their obsessive need to keep files and not letting authors remove them. I know it's for their Collections, but they need a better design than the all or nothing approach they went with. I've already stated a couple times that if Nexus insists on keeping broken and bugged versions of my mods/mods I manage and users are grabbing old files via Collections, then I will send every single last user to their support. Since I no longer support the files as the author but Nexus is insistent upon keeping them, they can deal with the fallout. They'll change their approach if enough authors do the same and they're constantly flooded with support requests. :angel:

In all honestly it's the Collection author's fault for not keeping the Collection updated, but the issue with Nexus remains so that is what I'm doing. Nexus can redirect them to the Collection's author, if they desire.

On 6/25/2022 at 8:09 PM, LittleGuy said:

Actually the updated patch has a master that's not part of the guide.

Nevermind.png

These are the masters for the latest file (movedaquarium_new.esp):

image.png

... so no issues.

NEVERMIND, I am mistaken. I had checked the original rather than the new one. I removed this suggestion from the guide until we can get it sorted.

• 6 months later...

I'm a noob and a nobody, so please be kind and don't trash me for this post.

I almost didn't install the "Hearthfires Extended and CC Fishing Patch" because the link took me to a wierd place and a file with a wierd name.  I checked the forum and found that it's legit, so I'll go ahead and install.

You might want to note this in the detailed instructions.  (Yes, folks can take the time to look further if they're concerned like me.  It just would have been nice to know when hitting the link.)

BTW.  I'm new to modding and Skyrim for that matter.  After about 3 attempts at modding, I got a stable game and played it thru.  Starting over now and found this step mod guide.  You can see how far I am at setting up a new game, but I'm really hopeful that it's successful.  Regardless, I'd really like to thank you for doing this.  Modding is a learning experience and I'm learning lots.  

Edited by dadszt
spelling

11 hours ago, dadszt said:

I'm a noob and a nobody, so please be kind and don't trash me for this post.

I almost didn't install the "Hearthfires Extended and CC Fishing Patch" because the link took me to a wierd place and a file with a wierd name.  I checked the forum and found that it's legit, so I'll go ahead and install.

You might want to note this in the detailed instructions.  (Yes, folks can take the time to look further if they're concerned like me.  It just would have been nice to know when hitting the link.)

BTW.  I'm new to modding and Skyrim for that matter.  After about 3 attempts at modding, I got a stable game and played it thru.  Starting over now and found this step mod guide.  You can see how far I am at setting up a new game, but I'm really hopeful that it's successful.  Regardless, I'd really like to thank you for doing this.  Modding is a learning experience and I'm learning lots.  

Welcome to STEP. We don't trash people for asking questions or help.

I agree with you that the patch you mentioned should perhaps have a "warning" that informs people that it will take you to a different site than normal. But this problem will most likely be solved entirely when/ if this patch will be merged into the STEP Patches on Nexus or hosted on the STEP nexus for the STEP 2.2.0 modlist. This updated list will be officially released soon.

As a general rule though, it is safe to download files which are linked in the modlists., no matter where the link takes you.

If you have questions or need help, just post on the mod page in the forums, just as you did now.

Edited by ButchDiavolo