Photo
- - - - -
testing

Better Dirt Cliffs and Alphas (by cthunsthrall)

meshes textures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:47 PM

Discussion topic:
Better Dirt Cliffs and Alphas by cthunsthrall
Wiki Link

STEP SE Notes:
Test Files: Depends on what is currently winning for STEP SE. The 2K version is likely the right candidate, however, if the current textures are 4K, then test against both 4K and 2K.

STEP > Better Dirt Cliffs

STEP-SE119.pngSTEP-SE125.pngSTEP-SE120.pngSTEP-SE126.pngSTEP-SE121.pngSTEP-SE127.png
STEP-SE122.pngSTEP-SE128.pngSTEP-SE123.pngSTEP-SE129.pngSTEP-SE124.pngSTEP-SE130.png

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 12:58 PM

Posted compared in OP.

#3 Mercury71

Mercury71

Guard

• VIP-Supporter
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 01:30 PM

I think i prefer the Better Dirtcliffs Mod.

The thing is that in the first picture it looks like old dead roots and therfore less dirt, in Better Dirt Mod it looks more like living roots and therefore more dirt.

But i really think it is best down by the water under the overhang, looks natural  and realistic to have some dirt there so close to  the water.

But it is really up to taste. (How long would roots look healthy in the air llike in the Better Dirtcliffs Mod before turning into dry and grey roots? :)

#4 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 11:34 PM

I like where this mod is going and in many cases seems like an improvement ... but I think the dirt is too dark in some cases and contrasts too much with the bedrock. The third compare set really shows this. Looks like there was an oil spill. I would love it if the author lightened the dirt up just a bit. LOD would look really stark.

Vanilla doesn't look good either, but blends better, especially in the distance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: testing, meshes, textures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users