Lavender by Mari SE (by ArtByMari)

textures

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:08 PM

Discussion topic:
Lavender by Mari SE by ArtByMari
Wiki Link

STEP SE Notes:
Test Files: Use whatever the resolutions of the current STEP SE textures.
Test against current STEP SE.

Vanilla > SSEUT > Cathedral Plants > STEP (Hybrid's HD Plants) > Lavender by Mari

STEP-SE201.pngSTEP-SE198.pngSTEP-SE195.pngSTEP-SE131.pngSTEP-SE135.png
STEP-SE202.pngSTEP-SE199.pngSTEP-SE196.pngSTEP-SE132.pngSTEP-SE136.png
STEP-SE203.pngSTEP-SE200.pngSTEP-SE197.pngSTEP-SE133.pngSTEP-SE137.png

...Hybrid's is far better.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 01:39 PM

Posted compares to OP

#3 Mercury71

Mercury71

Guard

• VIP-Supporter
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 02:41 PM

Prefer Maris. More "toned down". Skyrim is a harsch and cold land so plants and trees should not grow to big or lush i think.

(Mari have many nice high quality plant mods)

#4 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 10:10 PM

I vastly prefer Hybrid's. Maris looks like it adds grass that is totally out of place. Thistle is not a monocot and would never grow any grassy leaves, and it is very hardy. Curious: what does vanilla look like? Even Hybrid's leaves don't look like thistle (which has many varieties, so some leeway is understandable).

I think we should try to include vanilla for replacers if it's not current STEP, since that is what we are trying to improve upon. SE vanilla may be better than we remember with LE vanilla when we decided on the current replacer.

#5 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 10:49 PM

I vastly prefer Hybrid's. Maris looks like it adds grass that is totally out of place. Thistle is not a monocot and would never grow any grassy leaves, and it is very hardy. Curious: what does vanilla look like? Even Hybrid's leaves don't look like thistle (which has many varieties, so some leeway is understandable).

I think we should try to include vanilla for replacers if it's not current STEP, since that is what we are trying to improve upon. SE vanilla may be better than we remember with LE vanilla when we decided on the current replacer.

This is not thistle...you're in the wrong thread. :P ...or referring to wrong plant.

#6 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:21 PM

Added vanilla, SSEUT, and Cathedral Plants to the compares in the OP.

#7 Greg

Greg

High King

• Uber Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:27 PM

This is not thistle...you're in the wrong thread. :P ...or referring to wrong plant.

r /thistle/lavender ::D:

Other than this, I agree with z that Mari seems to add some grass-like substance in the lavender that seems out of place. I prefer Hybrid's (current STEP) on this one.

#8 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 11:47 PM

Yeah, sorry. I had been looking at thistle just previously, so I had thistle on the brain. I meant lavender :turned:

I think Hybrid's is the best depiction of actual lavender.

#9 Eliian

Eliian

Knight

• Citizen
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:26 PM

I personally prefer cathedral's. It looks the most crisp in the screenshots. I also think hybrids are too lush for lavender where the individual flowers are hard to make out.

#10 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 05:47 PM

I personally prefer cathedral's. It looks the most crisp in the screenshots. I also think hybrids are too lush for lavender where the individual flowers are hard to make out.

The stems and leaves are pretty much the same in vanilla/CL/Hybrids. Hybrids flowers appear a bit more lush, but they actually look more like flowers. Vanilla/CL inflorescence look like fake plastic from the hobby shop to me.

#11 Eliian

Eliian

Knight

• Citizen
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:30 PM

The stems and leaves are pretty much the same in vanilla/CL/Hybrids. Hybrids flowers appear a bit more lush, but they actually look more like flowers. Vanilla/CL inflorescence look like fake plastic from the hobby shop to me.

I have to agree with you now when comparing them for myself in game.

#12 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 09:23 PM

Dropped from testing in favor of current Guide options. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: textures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users