Superior Mudcrab - 4k Retexture (by Shoyguer)

TechAngel85

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The guide says "Install the Mudcrab 2K2K - Creatures Optional File and merge the Mudcrab 4K Update 1.05 Update File." Are we going to disregard the main file entirely or we are going to merge these with it? I'm kinda lost since on the mod page says "You may install the main version and then this one. Load after the main version." what I have understood here is I am only going for the optional file and update file without main file. Am I correct?

51 minutes ago, Arel said:

Are we going to disregard the main file entirely or we are going to merge these with it? I'm kinda lost

The instructions given are somewhat incorrect.

Install the main file 'Mudcrab 4K FOMOD Installer' first which will give you 4K textures for creatures and 2K for clutter/ingredient. If you'd rather use 2K textures, merge/overwrite with the 'Mudcrab 2K2K - Creatures' optional file. You can also skip the main file, and only install the optional file if you don't care about the clutter/ingredient retexture.

In any case the update file is not needed. It's intended for users of an older version of the main file.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

The instructions given are somewhat incorrect.

Install the main file 'Mudcrab 4K FOMOD Installer' first which will give you 4K textures for creatures and 2K for clutter/ingredient. If you'd rather use 2K textures, merge/overwrite with the 'Mudcrab 2K2K - Creatures' optional file. You can also skip the main file, and only install the optional file if you don't care about the clutter/ingredient retexture.

In any case the update file is not needed. It's intended for users of an older version of the main file.

I have used 'Mudcrab 2K2K - Creatures' optional file merged with the update file, if I were to uninstall the mod to correct this do I break anything?

15 minutes ago, Arel said:

I have used 'Mudcrab 2K2K - Creatures' optional file merged with the update file, if I were to uninstall the mod to correct this do I break anything?

No, you won't break anything. When you reinstall the mod, move it upward in the left pane if necessary so it shows in the correct position in the mod list.

• Thanks 1