JS Purses and Septims SE (by johnskyrim)

TechAngel85

IMO, anything is better than current Gold Septim - Coins Retex

That mod is not an improvement to vanilla, because it transforms coins from albeit lower res but 'embossed'-looking into flat, cartoonish circles.

In fact, CSSET (also proposed) includes the coin diffuse/normal vanilla replacer, which is worn and quite realistic, IMO. With SMIM's mesh improvement to purses, I think it's best if we don't use this and drop Gold Septim - Coins Retex in favor of CSSET/SMIM.

CSSET coins uses 256 k diffuse/normal, which seems appropriate. Not sure about coin piles though or what the original SSE vanilla coin resolution is.

EDIT:
Here is a compare, vanilla > CSSET > this mod > Gold Septim. Note that CSSET does not replace piles, so that is vanilla. Also Gold Septims - Coins Retex does not provide a replacer for a pile variant, so I think we need to drop that for consistency. For whatever reason one of the piles disappeared when using this mod, but I was able to create them no problem, so must've been a glitch (formids: 04018486 04018488. To spawn coins: player.placeatme F 1 [repeat at least 5x, or they will disappear in the ground])

PdRp5TF2_o.png SpEilpld_o.png hgXMNUl2_o.png Pgu0Dzcn_o.png 0EM7P3rM_o.png 1w5GtlhC_o.png

Based on this, I think individual coins are fine without this mod. I like them a bit more, really. Coin piles from this mod are better. Enough for a total replacer? Maybe.

• 3 weeks later...