a Problem with Familiar Faces and Mod Organizer 2 (2020 - Oldrim)

Bakuryuuha

Question

Hello, I have a problem with Familiar Faces. When I install the mod after installing JContainers and then start the game it gives me an error which says "Could not write to Data/vMYC". I gave every permission possible to Mod Organizer 2, SKSE, Skyrim and Steam. The vMYC folder is missing from my Skyrim/Data folder. When I install the mod via MO2 it won't create the folder, but when try to instal via MO it creates the folder. I have a massive load order installed by MO2. Will it work if I install the mod via MO then try to play the game using MO2? Is there a fix for this? I got the lastest versions of RaceMenu, JContainers, Familiar Faces and SKSE. Game is up to date and legal. Mod Organizer 2's file path is C:\Modding and C:\Users\umutg\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer. I tried to copy vMYC folder from the Familiar Faces zip and MO2 overwrite folder, it didn't work. What should I do? I even gave permissions to SKSE,Skyrim,Steam and MO2 with fire wall. Any advices? Thanks in advance for all the comments.

2 answers to this question

Sorry for a late reply, I had to download Skyrin and set up MO2 for this

A couple of questions.

How are you doing this? Through Windows Explorer? MO does not install any mods to the games DATA folder so your installed mods will not show up there.

When I installed this for LE it did make all the folders. See "FamFace 2020-08-08_8-41-28.png" the install dialog "FamFaceInstalledFileTree 2020-08-08_8-44-35.png".

Go to the file icon in the top left menu and press on it. Select the "Open Mods Folder" to open your installed mods. Look for the Familiar faces mod and look to see if the folder is there. If it is not then you can copy it from the archive to this folder.

I hope this helps out some. Don't be afraid to ask more questions if need be.

I tried that and didn't work. So, I installed older version of JContainers and now it works! 

Sorry for a late reply, I had to download Skyrin and set up MO2 for this

A couple of questions.

The vMYC folder is missing from my Skyrim/Data folder.

How are you doing this? Through Windows Explorer? MO does not install any mods to the games DATA folder so your installed mods will not show up there.

When I install the mod via MO2 it won't create the folder

When I installed this for LE it did make all the folders. See "FamFace 2020-08-08_8-41-28.png" the install dialog "FamFaceInstalledFileTree 2020-08-08_8-44-35.png".

I tried to copy vMYC folder from the Familiar Faces zip and MO2 overwrite folder, it didn't work. What should I do?

Go to the file icon in the top left menu and press on it. Select the "Open Mods Folder" to open your installed mods. Look for the Familiar faces mod and look to see if the folder is there. If it is not then you can copy it from the archive to this folder.

I hope this helps out some. Don't be afraid to ask more questions if need be.

post-1366-0-40423300-1596891209_thumb.png

post-1366-0-69332600-1596891418_thumb.png