• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tungdil2

Tungdil2

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 05:50 AM

I recently finished setting up STEP. I tried to do it all with german mod translations and for the time being, I am pretty happy with the result. Mainly the MCMs and some menus still seem to be in english.

Now for some mods, there didn't seem to be a german translation, so I figured, I would just provide it myself. One of these mods is the STEP CR Patch. Is it okay, if I upload it on the nexus (naturally I will credit and link the original)?

Maybe, if I played a little more and if I am content with the result, we could also create a userspace (or what do you call it?) on the wiki, so I could share the rest of my translations and the links for the already existing german translations.

The main problem I see is, that I can't be a 100% sure to always stay up to date with your updates, but I would try to.

Sorry for my bad english, unfortunately I got a job with no need to speak english anymore. :wacko:

Best regards

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,931 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 11:26 AM

Sure, that will be fine.

#3 Tungdil2

Tungdil2

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 07:00 AM

Okay, I finally found the time to Upload the thing. I have several other mods of the STEP list in the works, so I will come back to this thread after I published them as well.

https://www.nexusmod...ion/mods/39574/

As it is my first mod on the nexus, please tell me if I've done something horribly wrong or if I forgot something. Please note, that I stated on my mod page that the original mods aren't needed as they only contain one esp-file. If that isn't true, please contact me and I will correct it.

#4 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 01:21 PM

It looks like it's available on Nexus ... is your translation just of the patches or the whole guide + mods?

#5 Tungdil2

Tungdil2

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 05:57 PM

Oh god no, it's just the CR-Patches at the moment. I am working on some other translations for mods in the guide, but I still need the ok from the authors.

On the other side, I have (mostly) finished setting up STEP in german, so I could provide a modlist for people that are interested. Some things still seem to be in english, but it is very sporadically.

Edited by Tungdil2, 19 August 2020 - 05:59 PM.

#6 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 07:38 PM

OK. Just so you know, we've hosted guide translations as well on this wiki, so you could do so in your User area (or whatever else in German).

#7 Tungdil2

Tungdil2

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 03:21 AM

That would be nice.
I logged in, but I didn't find any other guide translations. If there really are guide translations for other languages, I think it should be easy to find for everyone on the front page. Could you provide some links or am I missing something obvious?

#8 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:15 AM

One of our past moderators is Polish, and he translated the 2.2.1 LE guide but never finished. It's a big job. Just saying that you can create content on the wiki.

#9 Tungdil2

Tungdil2

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:21 AM

It would actually really help, if I could just copy your modlist and add the links for the already existing german translations to it. On your Guide page, you have the "Page Tools -> View Source" panel, but the modlist in the source seems to be empty.

Another option would be to expand the original modpage or the "Detailed instructions available"-pages, but I guess you wouldn't want to add responsibilities for an additional list of mods to be up to date.

For the time being, all the mods I've translated so far:

STEP SE CR Patch STEP SE - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project SE - Deutsch
Skyrim SE Improved Puddles-Deutsch
Disease Descriptions for the Immersive Adventurer SE-Deutsch

I've already translated a few more, but the original authors didn't yet reply on my permission request....

Edited by Tungdil2, 23 August 2020 - 07:24 AM.

#10 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 11:34 AM

Our wiki is powered by Semantic, which means that all mod tables are inserted into the guide as templates pointing to our mod pages and a number of other things. The only way to reproduce it in German would be to create duplicates of a great many pages in German and assemble it all independently.

Users can always use Google translate though. Mods themselves are obviously a different story.

#11 Tungdil2

Tungdil2

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 05:36 PM

I think that should be sufficient:

https://wiki.step-pr...m/User:Tungdil2

I also added 2 new mod translations:

Go On Ahead - Deutsch´╗┐´╗┐

Lore-Based Loading Screens - Deutsch´╗┐

Edit:

Can you tell me how  I can get rid of that red "out of date" banner at the top?

Edited by Tungdil2, 27 August 2020 - 05:37 PM.

#12 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 01:01 PM

That works. You can basically create whatever you want in your user space.

I removed the heading ... Take a look at the page history and "compare selected revisions" to see what I did.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: german, step, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users