Skyrim Vanilla Overhaul Textures PROJECT (by lupus_hegemonia)

joaron7

My only issue is that this is more like a compilation of work from many mod authors and not necessarily a 'vanilla' replacer like SRO. SRO specifically upscaled vanilla textures in most cases and/or stayed true to the original look/feel. It seems like this mod doesn't necessarily do that. There may be some copyright issues as well, IDK.

Looks like user must also register on that venue to download.

After downloading it myself, it does retexture everything in the game and looks good, but i agree that its not a vanilla replacement. i guess i got too excited for a mod that retextures everything (btw his site has a bunch of mods i havent seen on nexus maybe its worth a look)

Edited by joaron7

• 2 months later...

My only issue is that this is more like a compilation of work from many mod authors and not necessarily a 'vanilla' replacer like SRO. SRO specifically upscaled vanilla textures in most cases and/or stayed true to the original look/feel. It seems like this mod doesn't necessarily do that. There may be some copyright issues as well, IDK.

Looks like user must also register on that venue to download.

Actually it's opposite, absolute majority of the textures is new. The trick is in overlaying; you create a new texture and then overlay vanilla texture over it to preserve the original look. In most cases it works. 

I think i have mentioned this before. 

• 2 months later...

Hello to you all.

I just like to inform you I updated the mod (mods! They are 13 of them!) by replacing some textures or re-creating some (especially the "Sky" & "Effects" folders, I fixed the "seams").
I also want to clarify this AGAIN, here, as I did already in my site:

This mod/mods are a COLLECTION I made all these (long/many) years I'm daily dealing with Skyrim SE.

I included ALL my textures mods I've already created (in Nexus site or afterwards in my site), but I ALSO INCLUDED TEXTURES I NEVER RELEASED BEFORE. But!!! Huge "BUT"! I included MANY OTHER textures from ALL THE MAJOR artists, all these notorious/famous creators we all know and using their work! And no, I haven't "got any permission from them", since I don't have... their phone number to call them... or I don't have their Facebook profile to contact them!

- I can't do it via Nexus, because I'm banned for ever because Nexus team are SUPER IDIOTS and can't understand simple things (when I gave my side's story for that silly accusations on me) - they "demanded" to remove that mod (a huge 'Clutter Collection' I spend a summer to create) or (they threaten me) ban me! I gave them the "middle finger" and told them to go to hell! -

So, no, I haven't any permission, but I'm mentioning ALL THEIR NAMES. This mod/mods its like a... YouTube video collection! I have collected ALL THE BEST TEXTURES FOR THE ENTIRE GAME and I'm sharing the collection. I don't care for credits, only for my work and for the huge time I spend to collect all of these together. By the way, even those textures I took from these fine creators, I personally edited them (almost all the textures!), especially the normal maps since the 90% of the Nexus textures are suffering from good normal maps.

This is it.
A great collection to install FIRST OF ALL (even before the USSEP of the glorious Arthmoor) and actually NOT BOTHER ANY MORE for textures mods - except of course if you install NEW/DIFFERENT/BETTER meshes and they need non-vanilla textures.

Enjoy fellas and I hope to see you in my site too.

• 3 months later...

I'm sure it's a good collection ... BUT ...

1. It's a compilation 'mod'. Since Step basically does that, we prefer adding each mod separately rather than pre-compiled
  2. Because it is an assemblage from many different authors, we don't have any granular control over it (what if a mod author pulls their mods from public use?)
  3. There are potential copyright issues

We just cannot use it in our guide, given these potential problems.