1 reply to this topic

#1 Sorbe1

Sorbe1

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 05:52 AM

Sheson,

I have a couple of questions about using your tools correctly.  I've been told quite different things by several very experienced SSE mod devs and would appreciate your definitive input.

1) I was told there is an advantage to using both LODGEN (for terrain) -and- DYNDOLOD (for objects) in SSE.  I currently just use DYNDOLOD, since it appears to be a strict super-set of LODGEN?

2) The Oldrim DYNDOLOD OpenCities instructions call for doing 2 passes (static options w/o OpenCities & Blowing in the Wind and not saving; then dynamic options with everything and saving), BUT this section appears to be omitted in the SSE DYNDOLOD instructions.  Should I continue doing SSE DYNDOLOD in 1 pass, since it appears to detect OpenCities for some settings at runtime in the logs, -or- two passes as described in the Oldrim instructions?

Thank you for your efforts on these great tools and your time in answering our questions.

#2 sheson

sheson

Talos

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:53 AM

1) DynDOLOD is the advanced and easier version of xLODGen for improved object and tree LOD generation for Skyrim LE/SE/VR. For more see https://forum.step-p...-post/?p=184163

2) Read DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html carefully. Under "Skyrim Special Edition Key Differences and Similarities" it says: Basic knowledge of DynDOLOD for Skyrim is expected, refer to the main manual. This document just points out what is different or which important parts are similar. Open Cities requires a 2 pass generation as explained in the main manual.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sse, lodgen, dyndolod, opencities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users