3D Snowberries (by wSkeever)

viper37

Discussion topic:
3D Snowberries by wSkeever/wankingSkeever
Wiki Link

Propose we adopt this and the add-on mod below for SE Guide (> 1.0.0)

Also see:

This is a new mod I just stumbled upon, by accident.  I haven't tried it yet, I just got my new monitor and I haven't finished modding my SSE yet.  I do not know about the impact performance on low end machines either.

I'm posting it here for people to try, and maybe, eventually, submit a STEP proposal to be included in the guide, if it's aesthetically pleasing and within the mandate of S.T.E.P., of course. 🙂

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, z929669 said:

I prefer 3D Snowberries standard for the first screen set (the HD texture is way too bright for the lighting). For the second screen set, 3D Snowberries HD texute looks best. Would need to test in game more.

I thought the same thing so I installed 3D Snowberries and played for a bit this afternoon. So far I  prefer this one over Vanilla or STEP. I'll install the 3D Snowberries HD Texture Option later and provide more complete thoughts on the comparisons.

Thanks ... after looking at the snowy versions in-game, 3D snowberries HD looks best, IMO.

Note that the MA fails to note that the 3D Snowberries original mod must be installed and loaded first for the mesh.

Where is a non-snowy location for these?

I don't remember seeing snowberries in non-snowy locations (other than small samples on tables and in vendor inventories). You can find a couple of plants on either side of the door at Driftshade Refuge. This is on a worn dirt path, but the snowberry bushes are against the building.

I just finished walking around Dawnstar and I have to agree that 3D Snowberries HD Texture is the best choice. I do not know where TechAngel85 found the snowberry bush in that first set of screenshots, but the vanilla vs STEP screenshot shows a building in the background added by the STEP guide. That doesn't seem to be Helarchen Creek, though.

Agree that 3D Snowberries HD is best, particularly since 99% of snowberries are snowy. The non-snowy ones in the screen posted are rare, so I will take the overly-bright textures as a tradeoff. It should be easy to correct by simply hiding the offending texture in the HD version. The standard version needs to be installed regardless for the meshes and all textures:

image.png

On 3/29/2021 at 8:23 PM, z929669 said:

Thanks ... after looking at the snowy versions in-game, 3D snowberries HD looks best, IMO.

Note that the MA fails to note that the 3D Snowberries original mod must be installed and loaded first for the mesh.

Where is a non-snowy location for these?

On 3/30/2021 at 7:46 PM, Greg said:

I just finished walking around Dawnstar and I have to agree that 3D Snowberries HD Texture is the best choice. I do not know where TechAngel85 found the snowberry bush in that first set of screenshots, but the vanilla vs STEP screenshot shows a building in the background added by the STEP guide. That doesn't seem to be Helarchen Creek, though.

On the road past Mixwater Mill, heading towards Windhelm.

...and on that note, I think I know the Skyrim geography far too well... :ermm: