MO2 and Fnis for skyrim SE

BlackfoxKitsune

Question

i am literally going insane trying to get Fnis to run in MO2, i've followed many guides that show you how to instal fnis via MO2. only problem seems to be i 1: get the dreaded 2012 error code, or MO2s pathing is so crazy the program can not run at all :/ and i've found that MO2 is installing the mods in the most obscure of locations today. it's not going directly to the directory files as Fnis likes, no it's going to some obscure location. nor can Fnis read it's own add ons when they are installed via MO2 The only thing that changed between the 3 was on the first two tried the first run with not patches ticked, the second with the top two patches ticked and the 3 one having encountered the error 2012 endlessly when trying to run it from MO2, i went directly to the folder where the tool was and ran it from location on try 3. 17h modding today and 7 of those hours have been spent trying to get fnis to work with mo2 which insists on installing Fnis in a location that breaks it.  ::(: 

Try 1 (from MO2)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
>>Warning: Custom skeleton found. Select SKELETON patch.<<

Reading FNISBase V7.6 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ...
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1 ...
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...
Reading skyrim romance animated V3.0 ...
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...

ERROR(2012): Could not generate: defaultfemale.hkx defaultmale.hkx weapequip.hkx staggerbehavior.hkx sprintbehavior.hkx shout_behavior.hkx magicmountedbehavior.hkx magicbehavior.hkx magic_readied_direction_behavior.hkx 1hm_locomotion.hkx 1hm_behavior.hkx 0_master.hkx

Try 2 (From MO2)

FNIS Behavior V7.6   16/09/2020 22:49:55

Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.97.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ... 
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1 ... 
Reading SexLab V1.63 ... 
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ... 
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ... 
Reading skyrim romance animated V3.0 ... 
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ... 

No GENDER directory male
No GENDER directory female

ERROR(2012): Could not generate: defaultfemale.hkx defaultmale.hkx weapequip.hkx staggerbehavior.hkx sprintbehavior.hkx shout_behavior.hkx magicmountedbehavior.hkx magicbehavior.hkx magic_readied_direction_behavior.hkx 1hm_locomotion.hkx 1hm_behavior.hkx 0_master.hkx

3rd try (from file location that MO2 has placed it)

FNIS Behavior V7.6   16/09/2020 23:51:59

Generator: C:\Users\black\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SE\mods\Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users. If you use a mod manager, run FNIS from its list of supported tools.<<
Skyrim SE 64bit: ??.??.?? - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)
>>Warning: Expected generator path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users not found<<

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

No GENDER directory male
No GENDER directory female

Creature Pack not installed

0 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character).

2 Warning(s).
Edited by BlackfoxKitsune

5 answers to this question

thank you for at least being someone that has replied.  but nope :/ the issue is fnis itself.  i'm not new to modding and frankly this is the first time i've had issues with fnis. prefer the old way of taking the mod, unpacking it and manually placing it, but that no longer works, so did it how Everyone "shows" how to do it via MO2 and well ^ my first post is the result. But still thanks again for caring enough to at least post something that would have been helpful if i was new to this or needing a refresher on how to do it.

thank you for at least being someone that has replied.  but nope :/ the issue is fnis itself.  i'm not new to modding and frankly this is the first time i've had issues with fnis. prefer the old way of taking the mod, unpacking it and manually placing it, but that no longer works, so did it how Everyone "shows" how to do it via MO2 and well ^ my first post is the result. But still thanks again for caring enough to at least post something that would have been helpful if i was new to this or needing a refresher on how to do it.

Strange problem. It should be working installing it the old way directly in game folder if you do not want to install it acording to the guide via MO2.

So you followed these instructions for getting FNIS to understand MO's file locations? And you are doing something like this to generate the anims under MO?

If so, then I agree with easyrider ... likely a perms issue. Try running MO as admin ... If that doesn't fix, try taking ownership of Steam game folder and MO dir locations ... or do as ER suggests (that's a pain, I know). I use default locations and windows perm tricks as I describe (STEP does not support this though, but I think it is simpler if you know what you are doing and already have everything installed).