Help with DynDOLOD work

ntluan_vn

Question

Hello sheson. I am new and I want to ask your help, just a little bit: D I have run DynDOLOD and finished it, but I do not see any message from DynDOLOD saying Tamriel area was successfully.

[00:39:07.070] Waiting for LODGenx64.exe to finish ...

[00:39:12.522] Waiting for LODGenx64.exe to finish ...
[00:39:17.654] Gave up waiting for E:\SkyrimSE\SSE_BAK\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt to become available.
[00:39:17.703]     Wait for LODGenx64.exe to finish by itself before closing DynDOLOD.exe
[00:39:17.902] LODGenx64.exe for DLC2SolstheimWorld completed successfully
[00:39:17.969] LODGenx64.exe for MarkarthWorld completed successfully
[00:39:18.021] LODGenx64.exe for DLC01SoulCairn completed successfully
[00:39:18.096] LODGenx64.exe for DLC2ApocryphaWorld completed successfully
[00:39:19.118] LODGenx64.exe for SkuldafnWorld completed successfully
[00:39:19.193] LODGenx64.exe for Sovngarde completed successfully
[00:39:19.239] LODGenx64.exe for DeepwoodRedoubtWorld completed successfully
[00:39:19.286] LODGenx64.exe for DLC1HunterHQWorld completed successfully
[00:39:19.342] LODGenx64.exe for Blackreach completed successfully
[00:39:19.438] LODGenx64.exe for DLC01FalmerValley completed successfully
[00:39:19.486] LODGenx64.exe for JaphetsFollyWorld completed successfully
[00:39:19.523]
[00:39:19.552]
[00:39:19.597] DynDOLOD Worlds completed successfully.
[00:44:28.308] [45:37] Saving: DynDOLOD.esm
[00:44:32.135] [45:41] Saving: DynDOLOD.esp
[00:44:34.143] [45:43] Done saving.

I checked the log from LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt and the result was like this

Tamriel.png

I see it doesn't seem to end up like other worlds, for example I checked at LODGen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_log.txt and saw at the end it noted

Skuldafn-World.png

So my work was completed or something went wrong. Sorry for bothering you, I just wanted to make sure I got it right. And sympathy for my English, it's really bad. Thanks

FAQ: LODGen.exe: Runs a long time / The LOD files generated are several GB in size

A: The selected configuration options require a lot of work. Do not manually close LODGen.exe. Wait for all processes to complete before closing DynDOLOD.

A: If there are more objects with LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the models used for LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the terrain meshes, it takes longer. 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

Check if it still uses CPU or not. Check its memory usage. Wait for LODGenx64.exe to finish by itself before closing DynDOLOD.exe.

Edited by sheson

FAQ: LODGen.exe: Runs a long time / The LOD files generated are several GB in size

A: The selected configuration options require a lot of work. Do not manually close LODGen.exe. Wait for all processes to complete before closing DynDOLOD.

A: If there are more objects with LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the models used for LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the terrain meshes, it takes longer. 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

Check if it still uses CPU or not. Check its memory usage. Wait for LODGenx64.exe to finish by itself before closing DynDOLOD.exe.

Thanks for answering. I waited until LODGENx64.exe automatically closed, but checking the log of LODGEN_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt I found it different from the rest of the worlds. I also got my DynDOLOD folder ~ 6Gb. I just wanted to make sure it was working properly or not, I was afraid that it was closed halfway.

Object LOD generation is incomplete if the LODGen log does not end with 

LODGen ended at ...

Code: 0

Just let it run. In case of errors bring the command prompt window to the foreground to check if it printed usable information there.

Thank you, I'm running it again.

Edited by ntluan_vn

LODGen ended at ...

Just let it run. In case of errors bring the command prompt window to the foreground to check if it printed usable information there.

It seems LODGENx64.exe was unable to complete its work. I checked the log and not found 

LODGen ended at ...

I have uploaded them, can you check for me. Thank you. Forgive me for not being able to upload pastebin and the forum attachment functionality doesn't seem to work for me.

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

https://mega.nz/file/Qx1STYTB#DifNsPGCnKjc0wCMhqrCQI7QwAJCWFz6qehJOBbkE6o

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

https://mega.nz/file/k1VhRSwA#VfACHUi3o6uojATcbojJyPQmfyPqymdGMF2_ZwAUuoY

>It seems LODGENx64.exe was unable to complete its work.

This does not really explain what is happening.

Are you saying the LODGen.exe command prompt window just closes by itself without any error and that the log attached is all that it created?

Do not change the load order in MO or close DynDOLOD.exe while the LODGen.exe command prompt is still running.

Use a legal copy of the game installed properly via Steam.

Make sure no UAC, antivir or other 3rd party crap interferes with any of the programs/file access.

Edited by sheson

>It seems LODGENx64.exe was unable to complete its work.

This does not really explain what is happening.

Are you saying the LODGen.exe command prompt window just closes by itself without any error and that the log attached is all that it created?

Do not change the load order in MO or close DynDOLOD.exe while the LODGen.exe command prompt is still running.

Use a legal copy of the game installed properly via Steam.

Make sure no UAC, antivir or other 3rd party crap interferes with any of the programs/file access.

That's right, I waited for LODGENx64.exe to close its own way and get the log recorded by itself. I do not do any extra work on my computer during this process and I have also disabled the antivirus (Windows Defense).
Today I took a photo again before LODGENx64 could close.
688defd3eb24157a4c35.jpg

Good catch.

Replace LODGenx64.exe in Edit Scripts with this version https://mega.nz/file/0dxFnSBa#hfAFeZiwKgaMIcyP4eKuHB-dCOd9TgtmqarbLK-z_7E

Edit DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and set Expert=1

Start DynDOLODx64.exe as usual.

Select Tamriel worldpsace.

Click button Execute LODGenx64.exe to start it right away with the already exported data.

I expect this version to print a line like "unexpected root node" with a NIF filename.

If it did that find out which mod the NIF comes from and let me know so I can test myself.

Edited by sheson

Good catch.

Replace LODGenx64.exe in Edit Scripts with this version https://mega.nz/file/0dxFnSBa#hfAFeZiwKgaMIcyP4eKuHB-dCOd9TgtmqarbLK-z_7E

Edit DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and set Expert=1

Start DynDOLODx64.exe as usual.

Select Tamriel worldpsace.

Click button Execute LODGenx64.exe to start it right away with the already exported data.

I expect this version to print a line like "unexpected root node" with a NIF filename.

If it did that find out which mod the NIF comes from and let me know so I can test myself.

Great, now LODGENx64 correctly suspects the problem ** passthru_lod.nif file in its log. I went ahead and replaced the file with that problem. Unfortunately I didn't save that error log, sorry. Now DynDOLOD works perfectly for me. Thank you

Edited by ntluan_vn

Was it a corrupt NIF that you could fix by reinstalling it from the download archive?

Oh no, I created my own LOD 3D using the instructions in DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\tools\. Maybe I made a mistake somewhere and I recreated them. Fortunately the version you sent me reported that the NIF file was correct so I could fix them. I hope you will update this feature in the next version of DynDOLOD because the current version (2.86) does not have this feature yet. Thank you

And personally I have one more problem with LODGEN. If I run them multiple times (5+) my LODGEN starts having problems with my system, it takes a pretty long time compared to normal (about 4 hours more than normal), check I see it only uses 1% -0.3% of the CPU. If I reinstall Windows then I use it normally at ~ 60% CPU consumption and the time is shortened. I have encountered this problem 3 times already xD Maybe this just happens to me, but maybe I can give you a little bit of information: D

If you didn't change anything in the load order, game or LOD generation settings between generations and yet experience difference in the execution times it seems obvious that there is something going on with the OS or hardware/BIOS settings maybe.

Make sure antivir or similar crapware does not block anything or interferes somehow.
Let Windows handle the page file / virtual memory.
Do not change the load order in the mod manager while processes are running.

There should be no need to reinstall Windows in order to use programs. Maybe Windows or something is updating between runs that causes problems.

Edited by sheson

Hello Seshon, I need your help once again. Right now I'm having a problem with the object in SSE, it seems to be covered with ugly textures on the surface which I think is a LOD problem (Tamriel). I have searched the Internet a lot for this problem but no one has ever mentioned it.

Video

In the video it is after I have created LOD Objects with xLODGEN (I used DynDOLOD but the problem persists)

Here is the image before I create the LOD

enb2020-11-8-21-55-59.png

SkyrimPrefs.ini

Skyrim.ini

Loadorder

Modlist

Thank you very much.

P/s: Sorry about my English

Edited by ntluan_vn