Template

Alert

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:20 AM

Alert Template

Purpose & Usage
This template displays a blocked out "alert" on the page.

This template replaces the following templates: {{bug}} , {{construction}} , {{mcm note}} , {{MO Note}}{{notice}} , and {{warning}}

Template

{{alert|type=keyword|size=##|text=ContentHere}}

Parameters

• type is required and the keyword entered which determines the alert displayed.
  • size is optional and sets the width in percentage. Default is 70.
  • text is required and the content of the alert.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 09:13 PM

I've updated this template slightly. After seeing its use on several pages it seems a lot of users (including myself) end up starting the content with a line break. Therefore, I've put this into the template itself. I think it looks nicer and now the content always sets away from the visual elements of the alert. I've also ensured the margins behave correctly; thus, users shouldn't require any line breaks before or after the template anymore...as it has nice 2em top and bottom margins. Several other small tweaks to get it to display more visually appealing, like slightly brighter font.

MO Note template was also merged into this one. It's not the same style as the old MO Note template, but it's inclusion here allows it to be consistent with the other alert styles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: template

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users