Real Shelter

JudgmentJay

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31629

This mod is still very early in development, but basically it stops rain (and snow in the future) from falling through overhead objects like roofs, tents, etc. Unfortunately it seems like a very tedious process to implement and has to be hand-placed at each trouble spot so it will take a while, but hopefully this one goes all the way to completion! There have been a few other mods of this type on the Nexus but the authors seem to lose interest pretty quickly. Definitely one to watch.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a mod like this started a few times at least 3 times. After a while the modder just quits cuz there is alot of work involved to get this done and to get every single tent, building, really anything with a roof to get covered by the mod. More work then any of the modders really wanted to take on so they stoped working on it. Also not to mention every mod that will have a roof of any type faceing the outside conditions will need a compatibility patch to cover there roofs. But it will be awesome if this modder actully finish out this mod it would be awesome

• 1 month later...

I have had just a couple of issues in Morthal where it is raining, but under the shelter it shows that it's snowing. I'm using CoT with the patch for it. Other than that I really like this especially with Frostfall.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

I asked the mod author, Robinsage, if this mod could cause CTDs or save game bloat and received the following reply 

"Hi MIghtyCrow.

From the description page: "Real Shelter will not bloat your save games with open ended scripts or object states. If you are worried about scripts I don't blame you. This uses one simple code that does not have the dangers of null calls, OnInits, registers or OnUpdates so you can shelter without worry."

It's a fairly simple mod really."

Even the CoT-version doesn't really work with Climates of Tamriel, I suppose. When going under a tent (vanilla placed) the weather changes outside, but inside the tent it stays the same.

Say, it is snowing ligthly, you go under a tent, it starts snowing badly outside, but inside it is still snowing lightly.

• 1 month later...