Improved Horse Step Sounds (by Crystan)

Painstouch

Discussion thread:
Improved Horse Step Sounds by Crystan
Wiki Link

A sound mod, that brings another level of immersion into the game. Being able to hear on which terrain your horse is stomping and galloping around is definitely a nice addition. 

The mod has 1 slight issue, if outdoor, you move about, some cell transitions fail to update the sound and your horse' hooves remain silent for a second. I've ran about quite a lot and for example a path through wilderness between Riften and Iverstad, the sound would fail around 3 times, that I noticed. 

Then again, the mod itself is straightforward, works with any horse I came across, no issues outside the above mentioned one. 
Accepted for v2.2.5
The *problem* with this mod is not really a problem with this mod, so it is accepted
--Thanks to torminater for the detailed summary

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mod has 1 slight issue, if outdoor, you move about, some cell transitions fail to update the sound and your horse' hooves remain silent for a second. I've ran about quite a lot and for example a path through wilderness between Riften and Iverstad, the sound would fail around 3 times, that I noticed. 

I had these same issues with Vanilla, so I don't think it's this mod only.

• 2 weeks later...

It works good, but I sometimes get a bug, where horse steps can't be hear, especially when galloping. Not a biggie, but it can be annoying if happens a lot (and it does sometimes). However - I have minor problems with my Sound Blaster, so it may be hardware related. Other than that - no problems for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a winner if it's better than vanilla and isn't causing the issues (from the sounds of it, it is not). We'll need to keep an eye on Better Animal Footsteps, but right now there is no conflicts. I was surprised actually to find that Better Animal Footsteps didn't have horses.