Exterior Cell loading problem with DynDOLOD installed

skinjack

Question

I'm having an issue with DynDOLOD, at least I believe this is the culprit as I can resume play when I disable it.

I'm in the process of moving my mods to a new PC. 2080ti, i9-10980 xe, 64gb RAM. It should be able to handle pretty much whatever I throw at it. However, at the start of the game once I receive the request from Alvor to go to the jarl of Whiterun I cannot exit the building without crashing. I searched over multiple sources to resolve this and was able to get a list of the most likely causes to my problems. DynDOLOD, NetScriptFramework, etc. I removed the mods one by one and restarted the game. I could only leave the building after i had disabled this. I then re-enabled all the other mods besides this and I could still exit the building, so I am relatively sure this is my problem.

I've never had an issue with this mod before. I believe I am using it correctly based upon gamerpoet's video, and I really prefer not to run my game without it. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Or how I can try to fix it? I'm not saying this mod is the actual problem, as it may be some other mod I have installed that is causing the issue, but I don't know how to figure that out. Something is screwing with the output/textures this creates. Is there anyway of identifying it shy of trial and error? I have over 600 mods installed, so checking them could be monotonous.

5 answers to this question

Sorry about that. I wasn't sure what would be needed since NetScriptFramework was also one of the possible issues I ran across in my reading. However, it seems to be working fine.

Here is the last log before I disabled DynDOLOD. The mods that begin with SSE are personal conversions I have done from LE, while those that start with sj_ are simple weapon mods that I have made into espfe's.

This newer log has more information on it than previous ones, but I'm afraid I still have no idea what most of it means.

Hmmm. I guess my message was too long for this forum, so I will try pasting this into mediafire.

Older

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a7dqno4yebsnvv9/older.docx/file

Newer

http://www.mediafire.com/file/du3zh61yaw65gz2/newer.docx/file

Thank you for any help you can give me. I've only recently started DynDOLOD in the last few months because I didn't think my older PC could handle it. So I was pleasantly surprised by how simple its installation and setup were. Now its something I can't live without, so I need to figure out which mod might be causing it to hiccup, if that is the case.

The older crash log at address SkyrimSE.exe+1353771 shows that the game has a problem while saving. Probably the usual autosave while going through a load door.

Q: Game: ILS or CTD

A: If there are problems saving in Skyrim Special Edition, install SSE Engine Fixes 4.8 or newer and set SaveGameMaxSize = true in the EngineFixes.ini. Alternatively add/set [saveGame] uiCompression=1 in Skyrim.INI to change from the default 2 for LZ4 to 1 for zlib compression. 0 means no compression like games are saved in Skyrim.

Thank you sheson. I run SSE Engine Fixes, but I don't know if a new version has come out since I loaded it a few weeks ago. I'll update if necessary with the fixes you describe.

The game itself CTD's when I try to go outside. Once I do get outside (coc'd) everything seems to be fine. I know I have a few conflicting mods I need to go around and disable objects for, etc., but I need to get my game straightened out first.

I considered the autosave issue, but it happened everytime I was loading the game so I started to think it was something different. We'll see if the aforementioned fixes work. Again, thank you for the suggestions. Hopefully they work.

Well, I'm sure you are tired of hearing this, but you are a genius. That seems to have worked (at least in the short testing I did) and I feel rather stupid if that has been the issue all along. I guess I will be writing this down and putting a border around it to indicate how important it is in my little "quirks of Skyrim" notes. I really need to organize that someday.

Thank you again for your help. I would have been searching for days to resolve that. And now I get to play with DynDOLOD in my game again. Having come from a Geforce 780GTX video card to a 2080ti I am really exited to put this machine through its paces.