Archery Quick Shot Perk Bug Fix (by Dutchj)

TechAngel85

• 9 months later...
48 minutes ago, D1Z4STR said:

why does STEP use this when quickshot perk fix is in Scrambled Bugs?

Good question. I don't think we need it, as the fix is enabled in Scrambled Bugs. Can anyone confirm in game?

We should probably take a look at some of the default 'disabled' Scrambled bugs patches to see if any qualify for Step.

15 hours ago, D1Z4STR said:

why does STEP use this when quickshot perk fix is in Scrambled Bugs?

Keep in mind the v2.0 Guide is still in Development, but good catch.

14 hours ago, z929669 said:

Good question. I don't think we need it, as the fix is enabled in Scrambled Bugs. Can anyone confirm in game?

We should probably take a look at some of the default 'disabled' Scrambled bugs patches to see if any qualify for Step.

Yeah, Scrambled Bugs covers this one too. Another mod we can drop.

• 1 month later...

From the mod Official Page:

What does this mod do?
This mod implements a fix for a bug in the Quick Shot perk, in the Archery skill tree. Specifically, this mod fixes cases where despite drawing the bow back fully, arrows are not shot at full power.

I remember having installed this "fix" in my current new setup (in fact I have merged it with Combat Evolved). Playing now for a week in a stealth character, I can confirm the mod doesn't fix the mentioned bug since it just happened to me.

It's not the 84 posts in the mod page (mod of them asking questions) that can confirm anything.

However this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/45502

fix the speed stat part of the mod.

Edited by gamingsrc
Correcting quotes and spelling

5 hours ago, gamingsrc said:

From the mod Official Page:

What does this mod do?
This mod implements a fix for a bug in the Quick Shot perk, in the Archery skill tree. Specifically, this mod fixes cases where despite drawing the bow back fully, arrows are not shot at full power.

I remember having installed this "fix" in my current new setup (in fact I have merged it with Combat Evolved). Playing now for a week in a stealth character, I can confirm the mod doesn't fix the mentioned bug since it just happened to me.

It's not the 84 posts in the mod page (mod of them asking questions) that can confirm anything.

However this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/45502

fix the speed stat part of the mod.

We dropped this mod in favor of the Scrambled Bugs fix for the same issue. Have you tested that one yet?

That's what I have yesterday. I installed Scrambled Bugs and It revealed that the author is very smart.

When questioned about the slow effect bug he said he is not going to implement it because there are others undesirable side effects. 

In my game I'm using this mod

Slow Fix by Saffral

I have tested it thoroughly and it works (none of the others in the same kind in tesnexus work).

Although Arthmoor in his USSEP Bug Tracker say these mods don't do anything in the Papyrus Log but they works (it's not question of scripts but something in the engine that block the effect to work). 

6 hours ago, gamingsrc said:

That's what I have yesterday. I installed Scrambled Bugs and It revealed that the author is very smart.

When questioned about the slow effect bug he said he is not going to implement it because there are others undesirable side effects. 

In my game I'm using this mod

Slow Fix by Saffral

I have tested it thoroughly and it works (none of the others in the same kind in tesnexus work).

Although Arthmoor in his USSEP Bug Tracker say these mods don't do anything in the Papyrus Log but they works (it's not question of scripts but something in the engine that block the effect to work). 

Thanks for the info.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...