Please help!Every LOD which near Player disappear when player inside a city

neptunehjf

Question

Hi,please help me with this issue.

LOD looks good when player was outside a city,but when i entered whiterun, i found every LOD near player just disappear, eg: i can only see grass which is far away from player, this issue only occur when player was inside a city.

ps:I do not use OpenCity mod

Edited by neptunehjf

4 answers to this question

LOD starts beyond the loaded cells, the 5x5 uGridsToLoad area. Inside the loaded cells are full models. Whatever things do not show near the player in the loaded cells is not because of LOD but because there is no full model etc. placed in the that cell.

It has already been explained again and again how the inside of cities are their own child worldspaces planted into the parent worldspace Tamriel. The cells of the child worlspace replace the same cells in the parent worldspace. Whatever full models/grass you do not see right past the city walls was deliberately not placed in the childworld cells by Bethesda for performance/memory reasons.

The Whiterun/Solitude Exterior patches from DynDOLOD Resources only add back a couple big buildings and objects.

Edited by sheson