Error: Could not resolve a large reference in Update.esm

aDepressed_Sheep

Question

Hi, so I have been following the LOTDPlus guide based off of Darkladylexy's LOTD guide for Skyrin SE for a long time and I've reached the end where all I need to do is run DynDOLOD however once I run it I get this error message in DynDOLOD and I have no idea how it came about or how to fix it in SSEEdit: 

Error: Could not resolve a large reference in Update.esm for 60. Check plugin for errors

I've checked SSEEdit for the error and I do see it in my Update.esm but I have no idea how it came about (I have only clean the master file) or how to fix it (google and youtube has not been forth coming with details). So I decided to check onto here and see if someone can point me in the right direction to fix this error and finally let me enjoy my modded skyrim (I am practically desparate to play after spending almost a week of constant day and night modding)

Also I want to attach the logs DynDOLOD has recommended me to post on here but I am new to the STEP website (as a member, I could usually figure out my own issues through google or seeing past posts online, thus I had no need to make a post myself) and I don't know how to attach a document on here. Can someone let me know how to so and I post all my logs for both DynDOLOD and what xEdit says?

Thank you for any help this community can provide!

2 answers to this question

Use pastebin or upload logs as a zip file to a file service.

However, there is no need to upload logs since you have already found that there is an error in your copy of Update.esm

This is the DynDOLOD support forum. DynDOLOD worked as expected and told you about an issue in a plugin in your load order. The problem in Update.esm itself has nothing to do with DynDOLOD.

The only information I can give is, that the large references in Update.esm can only refer to records in Skyrim.esm and Update.esm, so if one of them is unresolved it typically can only have been a reference that was removed from Update.esm, since normally Skyrim.esm can not be edited.

I suggest to restore Update.esm from backup / verifying Steam game files

If you are are following a third party guide, you need to ask its author(s) / on its appropriate forum for help with the guide.

Edited by sheson

Edit: Firstly, I would like to apologize for posting this twice, I thought after posting my issue that I would probably have been better to post the Error in the topic title to be more clear than "help, I don't know what's going on". I also didn't know how to delete the other post so that's why its still up or I would have taken it down myself; It is not my intention to clog up this support thread with my requests for help.

Hi, so I have been following the LOTDPlus guide based off of Darkladylexy's LOTD guide for Skyrin SE for a long time and I've reached the end where all I need to do is run DynDOLOD however once I run it I get this error message in DynDOLOD and I have no idea how it came about or how to fix it in SSEEdit: 

Error: Could not resolve a large reference in Update.esm for 60. Check plugin for errors

I've checked SSEEdit for the error and I do see it in my Update.esm but I have no idea how it came about (I have only clean the master file) or how to fix it (google and youtube has not been forth coming with details). So I decided to check onto here and see if someone can point me in the right direction to fix this error and finally let me enjoy my modded skyrim (I am practically desparate to play after spending almost a week of constant day and night modding)

Also I want to attach the logs DynDOLOD has recommended me to post on here but I am new to the STEP website (as a member, I could usually figure out my own issues through google or seeing past posts online, thus I had no need to make a post myself) and I don't know how to attach a document on here. Can someone let me know how to so and I post all my logs for both DynDOLOD and what xEdit says?

Thank you for any help this community can provide!