DDSOPTing Skyrim Revisited

haelfix

Question

I thought i'd start a thread where users try to find bad texture transformations from DDSOPTing the various mods in Sky Revisited.  I've done about 15 or 20 of the big texture overhauls (architecture, armor, landscape etc)  So far, I had a problem with WATER (which as indicated in the guide is a nogo) and I wasn't satisfied with the result from AOF mountains, but so far the rest seems -ok-.  Will update if I find more problems.

Incidentally, many of the more modern texture overhauls are already optimized. There was a lot less gains (delta's) than from DDSopting the Bethesda files.. A few mipmaps here and there.

That pretty much sums it up, to manage the TPC was a nightmare I'm sure...more so than STEP most likely because of the constant batch file editing. He was doing it all manually, and had no automation tools built so at some point there just becomes a burnout/not worth the effort.

Add to the fact that new mods are constantly being released that conflicted with what was in TPC and you have a recipe for a mangled mess. I think the big reason why Neo stopped using it here in SR, is because a few of us continue to use SRO (which was removed from Nexus), and as such the TPC no longer had it available which made the process moot.