Daedric Mage Armor by Natterforme

Staind716

All right. I'm going to try to make myself useful with some mod suggestions. I have used all of these mods extensively in my game and have not had any problems with any of the ones that I am going to suggest. I think this would be a nice addition to STEP for people like myself who are playing a mage. The robes in the game are pretty boring and this does add a lot to the look of your character. The majority of the assets are taken from the Daedric Armor so I feel it is lore friendly which I know is a requirement for STEP. It is a stand-alone armor so it doesn't replace anything. Here's a link if you want to check it out.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14709

Thanks for putting in mod suggestions.

I play a mage as well (currently high 30s) and my concern with this based on the nexus is that it also alters gameplay in that in provides a mage with heavy armor protection with no downside as the items are not 'armor' therefore the penalties for wearing armor are not triggered.

Also does this then stack with armor spells (eg stone/ebony flesh)? such that a mage gets ridiculous defence?

Even the author states it is likely overpowered.

The heavy armor version is likely ok as then should still have vanilla gameplay and presumably using vanilla daedric stats

from the mod description:

The stats say that they have no armor rating but that is because they have been set to nonarmor to take advantage of mage armor perks. Their actual armor stats are almost exactly like Daedric

this makes the armor a half cheat... A robe version (zero armor effectively) would be nice tho

This looks like a variation of the Daedric Armor and Weapon Improvement which is already a part of STEP, now it's just been turned into a battlemage looking armor set. Pretty nice, I love the chrome with that red glow.

I think the latest Mod Sanctuary on the Nexus had some great stuff for mages. Most of the mods on their I already use since armor sets aren't really in conflict with STEP, so I recommend adding few especially Omegared's Compilation which has around 10 sets of armor for all play types.