Wrye Bash Guide

z929669

Question

The Beta Wrye Bash Guide to STEP Installation is available

on THE WIKI

Based on the advice I received from users here, I will be asking TC to host on his site if he wishes. I will also host right here on the STEP wiki site when final. It is not yet final, but I will make it so once we have a fully compatible BOSS-Wrye Bash implementation to support Skyrim v1.5.

Thanks for the WB ini edits!

Not sure if this should be in the WB guide, but with current SVNs, there is a problem with correct detection of mergeable mods and levled lists merging/ overriding with bash tags on mods. Rather than importing the Bashed Patch, Skyrim.esp from WB for use, one must generate a new bashed patch by right clicking on mods tab, then file tab, then navigating to file dropdown menu and selecting create new bashed patch. This new bashed patch will be Skyrim compatible and thus correctly detect and merge mods as well as lvled lists.

Thanks for the WB ini edits!

Not sure if this should be in the WB guide, but with current SVNs, there is a problem with correct detection of mergeable mods and levled lists merging/ overriding with bash tags on mods. Rather than importing the Bashed Patch, Skyrim.esp from WB for use, one must generate a new bashed patch by right clicking on mods tab, then file tab, then navigating to file dropdown menu and selecting create new bashed patch. This new bashed patch will be Skyrim compatible and thus correctly detect and merge mods as well as lvled lists.

As an addendum to this, you should delete/remake the bashed patch every time you add a new mod to the loadorder with bashtags, or it can still cause issues with the current WB SVN version.

This is because the "Skyrim" flag isn't properly set when you first install bash. This causes the bashed patch to be created in oblivion format which doesn't allow you to merge esp's created with the official CK. Fix this by deleting all oblivion files and manually copying the Bashed Patch, Skyrim.esp to the data directory and renaming it bashed patch.esp

@Fri

This is what I was doing for 295.5 and was planning to also do so for the SVN; however, I have not yet used the BP for the SVN. I do know that the Game Definitions had to be installed from the WB Skyrim Nexus in order to get the BP to work correctly as well, so I am assuming that this also applies to the SVN?

The "game definitions" are just updated python scripts and as such more recent versions are included in the SVN, if you overwrite the SVN with them you will experience a world of wonder :P and cry yourself to sleep

Remember that the game definitions and SVN are python and are useless if you use the standalone exe, that seems to be little understood. You will also of course have to install python and all the library dependencies. Best way to do that is to reinstall 295.5 from the installer select all options but standalone and let it do that for you.

Perhaps this is all news to me because I am a religious user of the Python versions of all Wrye *ash interfaces ;)

For me the SVN was a mere overwrite of my Mopy directory and deletion of my *.pyc files... just haven't used the BP yet, so it sounds like I am good to go, woohoo!

I just switched over to the Python version today so that I could get onto the SVN :) Odd that this conversation should start up just after I did that... but usefull :)

MadW must have detected a metaphysical shift emanating from far to the Northeast, which he apparently acted upon subliminally, creating a confluence of sub-conscious thought, resulting in this synergy.

:P

Perhaps this is all news to me because I am a religious user of the Python versions of all Wrye *ash interfaces ;)

For me the SVN was a mere overwrite of my Mopy directory and deletion of my *.pyc files... just haven't used the BP yet, so it sounds like I am good to go, woohoo!

For future reference, you don't have to manually delete pyc files. They are automatically compiled again if the original python file changes (have confirmed).

I just switched over to the Python version today so that I could get onto the SVN :) Odd that this conversation should start up just after I did that... but usefull :)

MadW must have detected a metaphysical shift emanating from far to the Northeast, which he apparently acted upon subliminally, creating a confluence of sub-conscious thought, resulting in this synergy. :P

Oh dear, I wonder what else I might be open to subliminally. The first week I try to live without my trusty aluminium hat and this happens, back on it goes!

MadW must have detected a metaphysical shift emanating from far to the Northeast, which he apparently acted upon subliminally, creating a confluence of sub-conscious thought, resulting in this synergy. :P

Oh dear, I wonder what else I might be open to subliminally. The first week I try to live without my trusty aluminium hat and this happens, back on it goes!

Who would have thought that the reptilians could be thwarted with by something as simple reynolds wrap. David Icke approves.

Copy then rename the file 'bash_default.ini' to 'bash.ini,' and place

this alongside the former. This INI lets you define many useful things

including where Wrye looks for installers. (Be certain to global replace

the ‘\Oblivion’ directory references to ‘\Skyrim’ and DO NOT simply do a

global replace of ‘Oblivion’ with ‘Skyrim’ or you will break the INI,

since certain variable names must remain unchanged even in Skyrim: e.g.,

‘sOblivion=’).

What exactly should I do here? I'm so confused atm I can't even ask a precise question...

I installed Wrye bash in Program Files x86 directory (i deactivated UAC for sure) and I copied the ini as it said. So where do I edit which exact Oblivion references to what exact skyrim references?

EDIT: I found the references directly under the extremely detailed descriptions. Maybe it's the problem that I'm not a native speaker but what is a installer directory? the folder where mods are stored or what?

Am I supposed to install the Mopy folder somewhere else (not in skyrim folder) to avoid directory thrashing?

isn't the Mods and Install info folder of NMM then supposed to be somewhere else too?

Well the default file works fine for me without any changes, WB is pretty good at automatically detecting the correct paths for skyrim atm. Not 100% sure but i think you can disregard bash.ini editing currently. Please correct me if im wrong though.