Wrye Bash Guide

z929669

Question

The Beta Wrye Bash Guide to STEP Installation is available

on THE WIKI

Based on the advice I received from users here, I will be asking TC to host on his site if he wishes. I will also host right here on the STEP wiki site when final. It is not yet final, but I will make it so once we have a fully compatible BOSS-Wrye Bash implementation to support Skyrim v1.5.

Well the default file works fine for me without any changes, WB is pretty good at automatically detecting the correct paths for skyrim atm. Not 100% sure but i think you can disregard bash.ini editing currently. Please correct me if im wrong though.

If you install anywhere other than the default location (skyrim\mopy) you need to edit the ini to make it work.

This is just a bit too much on top right know. I might have to wait for the next summer break to really set WB up... I'll just do the general install now xD

I'm almost down to the Mod Managers section of SIG, won't be long till you have a simple installation routine.

Hey Guys,

I think I might be running into an issue similar to torminater's. I just started getting into Wrye Bash with the new STEP guide release and think it'll be a great way to organize and manage all the STEP mods. So far, I've installed the WB "standalone" and all the other goodies (ie skse, BOSS, etc) pretty much following the WB guide on the wiki. I'm now at the step where I need to move my mod downloads into the ..\Skyrim Mods\Bash Installers folder and am having some difficulties locating them under the WB "installers" tab.

The mods I'm looking for are the first couple big content mods listed in the first set of the STEP guide (section B1 I believe). These are Skyrim Realistic Overall and the like. I've been leaving the mod downloads in their packed .7z format and simply moving them to the \Bash Installers folder. These doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm unsure if I should unpack and rename them for WB>Installers to recognize them or if I have the UAC enabled (pop-up warned about this when I downloaded WB) or something I'm not seeing.

In summary, I can't get the mods I downloaded to appear in WB's "Installers" tab and don't know why :( . Thanks for any help / suggestions!

What I did was tell Wyre Bash to use my mods folder as it's Wyre Smash Installers folder. In the Mopy folder, I copied the bash default ini and renamed it simply bash.ini. Then I changed the lines that point to it's directories. That way, I don't have to move my mods into Wrye's Folder as it becomes the correct folder.

Hey Guys,

I think I might be running into an issue similar to torminater's. I just started getting into Wrye Bash with the new STEP guide release and think it'll be a great way to organize and manage all the STEP mods. So far, I've installed the WB "standalone" and all the other goodies (ie skse, BOSS, etc) pretty much following the WB guide on the wiki. I'm now at the step where I need to move my mod downloads into the ..\Skyrim Mods\Bash Installers folder and am having some difficulties locating them under the WB "installers" tab.

The mods I'm looking for are the first couple big content mods listed in the first set of the STEP guide (section B1 I believe). These are Skyrim Realistic Overall and the like. I've been leaving the mod downloads in their packed .7z format and simply moving them to the \Bash Installers folder. These doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm unsure if I should unpack and rename them for WB>Installers to recognize them or if I have the UAC enabled (pop-up warned about this when I downloaded WB) or something I'm not seeing.

In summary, I can't get the mods I downloaded to appear in WB's "Installers" tab and don't know why :( . Thanks for any help / suggestions!

Double check the Skyrim Installation Guide and be certain to conform to Fri's advice about installing Steam properly. then revisit the Wrye Bash guide, as the installation instructions changed in the last 24 hours.

Ok so I am kind of an idiot when it comes to the obvious. I am trying to redo my mods off of the WB Wiki and when it comes to BAIN package restructure and Complex-package repack I am pretty much clueless as to how to do it. What exactly am I trying to accomplish? I am just restructuring the layout of the contents correct? I am currently trying to redo (1-(CORE!-FPS!)Bethesda Hi-Res Optimized --FOR EVERY VERSION---9080-1-1) and I am not sure how I am supposed to restructure it to be recognized as a BAIN ready installer.

lol can I get a better description in lay-man's terms?

Ok so I am kind of an idiot when it comes to the obvious. I am trying to redo my mods off of the WB Wiki and when it comes to BAIN package restructure and Complex-package repack I am pretty much clueless as to how to do it. What exactly am I trying to accomplish? I am just restructuring the layout of the contents correct? I am currently trying to redo (1-(CORE!-FPS!)Bethesda Hi-Res Optimized --FOR EVERY VERSION---9080-1-1) and I am not sure how I am supposed to restructure it to be recognized as a BAIN ready installer.

lol can I get a better description in lay-man's terms?

You should carefully read the BAIN repackaging chapter of the guide. Something tells me that you have not done so, as I went through painstaking measures to make the verbiage very clear and added many explanatory figures on top of that. Check out the sidebar. just read the guide start to finish. Lots more reading to do I am afraid... I know that this is an activity that many do not enjoy ....

Ok so I am kind of an idiot when it comes to the obvious. I am trying to redo my mods off of the WB Wiki and when it comes to BAIN package restructure and Complex-package repack I am pretty much clueless as to how to do it. What exactly am I trying to accomplish? I am just restructuring the layout of the contents correct? I am currently trying to redo (1-(CORE!-FPS!)Bethesda Hi-Res Optimized --FOR EVERY VERSION---9080-1-1) and I am not sure how I am supposed to restructure it to be recognized as a BAIN ready installer.lol can I get a better description in lay-man's terms?

You should carefully read the BAIN repackaging chapter of the guide. Something tells me that you have not done so, as I went through painstaking measures to make the verbiage very clear and added many explanatory figures on top of that. Check out the sidebar. just read the guide start to finish. Lots more reading to do I am afraid... I know that this is an activity that many do not enjoy ....
Yeah I have read it 6 or 7 times for me it's not clear, at least not that part of the guide. I know my grammar does not reflect it but I was reading before I even started kindergarten and still read 2 or 3 books a week to this day.

But I think I know why I am confused. For some reason the check box for that mod bethesda hi res optimized is red for me and even when I try and install it I don't get any kind of options menu or anything that would allow me to configure the installation at all. Which led me to believe I needed to alter the structure of the folders inside the 7zip. Which I did and still have the same issue. Oh well I will figure this out.

Rightclick the file in the installer and use the Wizard option there. If it's not there then something is wrong with the package (which could be true now that you've edited the file structure! :))