Wrye Bash Guide

z929669

Question

The Beta Wrye Bash Guide to STEP Installation is available

on THE WIKI

Based on the advice I received from users here, I will be asking TC to host on his site if he wishes. I will also host right here on the STEP wiki site when final. It is not yet final, but I will make it so once we have a fully compatible BOSS-Wrye Bash implementation to support Skyrim v1.5.

I am not there yet' date=' but will make one when I install it.[/quote']https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/499516-skyui/page__view__findpost__p__4798993
Beenworking on a bain ready version of Skyui 2.2 all night here is what I

got... Its not perfect but I figure you could make it better

SkyUI_2_2-3863-2-2.7z

It automatically turns into a bain ready file when Wrye Bash detects it in the installers folder

I "rewrote" (actually I just poked about at it till I got it to work)

the wizard a bit to keep the TEXT format of the SKYUI_CFG because that

was being messed with. The 2.1 folder format was resulting in wrong

placement of icon versions and some other problemss. There was no

skyui_extensions.dll to find so the Wrye bash would crash when it read

the old wizard...

I found this on the SkyUI thread, the link in the quote is where I downloaded the file, it worked good for me. SkyUI is supposed to have a BCF included in the archive but they didn't update it when they released 2.2.

I did the same thing, its just a few lines to rewrite from the 2.1 wizard, good lesson for you Z if this is your first wizard though. SkyUI 2.1 wizard was written by the author of the Bash wizard language so...best practices and all that. I use it as a template for all my wizards.

Actually, I was just speaking about the BCF instructions; however, I will heed your endorsement and go ahead with the wizard too. That scripting seems rather straight forward, and I like the idea of having a solid reference :yes:

How do I tell if Bash is merging my leveled lists? For example I have Winter is Coming and Cloaks of Skyrim installed, figured there would be a merged leveled list but didn't see it when I rebuilt bash patch? Maybe it's doing it and I just don't know.

When you build the bashed patch a window pops up that lists every single record that is merged. Unfortunately it does not break it down by mod so you have to figure it out yourself. If BOSS is marking a mod with delev/relev it is being included in the bash patch.

Alright, I find some wierd things were merged... and not the ones I was expecting.

Date/Time

• 5/23/2012 6:11:44 PM

• Elapsed Time: 0:00:00.261

Active Mods

• 00 XFLMain.esm

• 01 Death Cam (60 Seconds).esp

• 02 masser Size x0.5.esp

• 03 secunda Size x0.5.esp

• 04 Dual Wield Parrying_ScriptDragon.esp

• 05 XFLHorses.esp

• 06 XFLDialogue.esp

and Leveled List is blank, I guess that means there weren't any conflicts inside the leveled lists for both cloak mods.

I have had a similar issue as Neovalen in terms of no levelled list changes.

Issue with SVN from early April when first installed WB and also on SVN from late last week (at work so dont have SVN number).

Tags were reported in BOSS report in browser but iirc did not seem to get applied to mod in WB. I also tried manually adding and it didn't seem to work.

Will try again and see what happens

Check the modlist in WB and highlight the mod in question you think should be importing stuff to the merged leveled list. Now check the bottom-right part for the Bash Tags window. Does the mod have relev/delev tags? If not, it either does not need merging OR the author has simply not assigned any.

If you find any such mods that doesn't have the tags but that you believe should have them, let me or any other BOSS masterlist-updater know so we can check out the file and update with bash-tags if needed.

There is no way to "see" what mods are included in leveled lists since all the code was rewritten from scratch for the new load order system, most of the GUI stuff simply hasn't been implemented yet.

You can see what mods are included in the leveled lists quite easily actually, the window that pop ups after creating a bashed patch will show you some details, and you can also open up the files in FNVEdit (annoying process though and not recommended) to have a proper look at the leveled lists.