Distant Decal Fix (by SparrowPrince)

JudgmentJay

Discussion thread:
Distant Decal Fix by SparrowPrince
Wiki Link
This mod has been added to the STEP Compilation.

Dropped in version 3.0.

Mod by SparrowPrince. Fixes decals (moss on rocks, etc) vanishing/popping in at a very short distance. I know this has been discussed here in the past and until now there wasn't a solution. Not sure how extensive the mod is.

.gif showing the difference:
IPpjr25.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only aware of this problem last night and did not realise everyone hates it so much. To be honest I wasn't going to even bother as I assumed no would would care for it. Maybe my tolerance is higher for errors like this, or I just don't play enough Skyrim? :)

Either way, I hope everyone enjoys it. I will be expanding it further than forts if needs be.

I was only aware of this problem last night and did not realise everyone hates it so much. To be honest I wasn't going to even bother as I assumed no would would care for it. Maybe my tolerance is higher for errors like this, or I just don't play enough Skyrim? :)

Either way, I hope everyone enjoys it. I will be expanding it further than forts if needs be.

Speaking of nagging errors.... any idea why candles blow out(flame goes away) at such a rediculously short range as well? I can't find any combination of lighting/INI fix for that either.

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=416 is the original thread I posted about it.

Wonder if its the same type of issue.

I will update it some more soon. Still need to get Helen done - that's next. If anyone spots any more locations please tell me. I don't have the willpower to sift through hundreds and hundreds of nif files, so any reports are welcome.