I'm having a similar issue than what's being discussed here... and I don't have any idea where to go from here. I use NMM
for load-order (+ checking mod descriptions), and RealVision ENB, apparently with ENB Boost. (+ most mods from here https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936/?)
My RAM usage seems to stay under 1GB, and crashes occur sometimes even before 900MB. VRAM is around 2GB.
I've somehow started to observe, that crashes occur more frequently if I rush too much and game needs to load new areas faster, but just now I was able to ride a horse up to the mountain and Solitude / Whiterun.
Now I added a racemenu precache killer that was supposed to prevent crashes at character creation, but now I seem to crash before I can even approach the Riverwood from start.
I'm gonna try to disable that now and see if it helps a bit, but does anyone have any better ideas, as for what could cause this?
UPDATE: Disabling the precache killer seemed to cause character creation crash again, but If I complete that quickly enough (it gives you a moment before it crashes) I'm able to walk through Riverwood and roam around the Whiterun...
UPDATE 2: I just removed all of my ENB files and re-installed my ShowRaceMenu precache killer. Now my RAM usage seems to have gone up significantly (floating around 2GB), but there's no more immediate CTD
. Without ENB, I tried to put anisotropic filtering and multisampling on, but with those I seemed to get the CTD
UPDATE 3: I re-installed ENB Boost and enbseries v236 file, and those don't seem to cause too much problems just by themselves. Now I'm just hoping I can find some functional preset for it.. that doesn't CTD
my game constantly.
UPDATE 4: I've now actually got 2 ENBs working properly. Zoners High Performance ENB and Project ENB. I'm starting to believe, my CTD
issue might be related to an incompatibility / driver issue with my AMD R9 290 and some specific ENB version / preset files, or maybe the 'recommended' skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini tweaks I downloaded from RealVision nexus site link. I'll experiment with this a bit more...
UPDATE 5: Ok, I got the ENB RealVision working now as well. It seems that my issue was just caused and resolved by ini file tweaking.