Photo
accepted

Even Better Quest Objectives (by whickus & updated by William Imm)

mod

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#31 WilliamImm

WilliamImm

Legendary Blue Dragon

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

As you may have noticed if you checked the wiki history, I've uploaded some new patches, two of which are for STEP mods (the other two are for mods in Neovalen's guide). The four patches were for (sorted by name): Alternate Start - Live Another Life, Kryptolyr's Non-Essental Children, Persid's Realistic Room Rental, and The Paarthurax Dilemma. Paar's patch is the most important one, as without it, it could potentially break the Paarathurax quest.

#32 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

Yep, I found those and I see that you have been keeping those mod notes updated. Thanks!

#33 rpsgc

rpsgc

Obsessive Sheath Lover

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

WilliamImm, Maybe you could upload a 'STEP Edition' that includes all the compatibility patches for mods that are a part of STEP (The Choice is Yours, Non-Essential Children, the Paarthurnax Dilemma and Better Skill and Quest Books Names), perhaps even including the main file too? It would get rid of a bunch of .esp files.

#34 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

WilliamImm,

Maybe you could upload a 'STEP Edition' that includes all the compatibility patches for mods that are a part of STEP (The Choice is Yours, Non-Essential Children, the Paarthurnax Dilemma and Better Skill and Quest Books Names), perhaps even including the main file too?

It would get rid of a bunch of .esp files.

An SR version would be amazing too.... totally understand if you tell me no though. :)

#35 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

WilliamImm,

Maybe you could upload a 'STEP Edition' that includes all the compatibility patches for mods that are a part of STEP (The Choice is Yours, Non-Essential Children, the Paarthurnax Dilemma and Better Skill and Quest Books Names), perhaps even including the main file too?

It would get rid of a bunch of .esp files.

This would be amazing! The modular is great for non-STEP users, but using 4 to 5 ESPs for one mod is a bit much for the STEP users. Combine that stuff! :gnome:

#36 WilliamImm

WilliamImm

Legendary Blue Dragon

• Super Moderators
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Could do that. I've arleady made a merged version of the main + dlcs, so doing a STEP verison wouldn't be much of a stretch.

#37 WilliamImm

WilliamImm

Legendary Blue Dragon

• Super Moderators
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

I've updated the mod with a new installer, a merged plugin, and two new patches for Book Covers Skyrim and Moonlight Tales. Hope you enjoy.

#38 rpsgc

rpsgc

Obsessive Sheath Lover

• Mod Authors
  • 634 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

What about that STEP version?

#39 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

It auto-detects.

#40 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

It auto-checks Better Skill and Quest Books Names even if not installed atm, atleast for me

#41 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

[quote name=''Vond' pid='35895' dateline='1368170610']It auto-checks Better Skill and Quest Books Names even if not installed atm' date=' atleast for me[/quote']
Same. I just unchecked it manually.

#42 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

Yeah same, just figured it's worth pointing out as some people might not notice. :)

#43 rpsgc

rpsgc

Obsessive Sheath Lover

• Mod Authors
  • 634 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

It auto-detects.

What does auto-detect have to do with including all the compatibility patches for the STEP mods (The Paarthurnax Dilemma, The Choice is Yours and Killable Children) and the main plug-in in one .esp?

#44 WilliamImm

WilliamImm

Legendary Blue Dragon

• Super Moderators
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

[quote='Neovalen' pid='35896' dateline='1368170744']
[quote name=''Vond' pid='35895' dateline='1368170610']It auto-checks Better Skill and Quest Books Names even if not installed atm' date=' atleast for me[/quote']
Same. I just unchecked it manually.
[/quote]
Found the problem. It was because in the FOMOD installer (which NMM and MO use), the Better Skill and Quest Book Names option was detecting for Book Covers Skyrim.esp instead of Better Skill and Quest Book Names.esp - It's fixed now, and a new version will be uploaded.

[quote='rpsgc' pid='35905' dateline='1368177123']
[quote='Neovalen' pid='35894' dateline='1368170070']
[quote='rpsgc' pid='35893' dateline='1368169374']What about that STEP version?[/quote]
It auto-detects.[/quote]
What does auto-detect have to do with including all the compatibility patches for the STEP mods (The Paarthurnax Dilemma, The Choice is Yours and Killable Children) and the main plug-in in one .esp?
[/quote]

Neo means both installers autodetect the DLCs, and when they are found, a merged ESP with all DLC patches is installed.

#45 rpsgc

rpsgc

Obsessive Sheath Lover

• Mod Authors
  • 634 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

I'm talking about the compatibility patches for STEP mods. Nowhere did I mention the DLC. https://forum.step-p...=31798#pid31798

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accepted, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users