Even Better Quest Objectives (by whickus & updated by William Imm)

WilliamImm

I'm talking about the compatibility patches for STEP mods. Nowhere did I mention the DLC.

I think the merged-with-STEP compatbility patches version is a bit overly specific, and I felt that a merged version with all the DLC patches would be better in the long run.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The FOMOD is fixed? Because that is what it automatically starts. Is that the "internal installer" you spoke of?

Anyone know if the BAIN plugin is working in MO or active or in-the-works or what is up with that? (i don't think i have WB installed anymore but interested if the BAIN plugin works for mods)

• 3 weeks later...
No' date=' the internal FOMOD installer is fixed in Mod Organizer. I didn't have to modify my original installer to make it work. The BAIN wizard still works 100% fine.[/quote']

For those that may find themselves in the same confused state I was in, don't misunderstand what (i think) he is saying here.

I thought all of this meant that just opening the file and isntalling it should work fine, but in order to finally get it to work, i had to (in version 1.0.3 of MO) go into the settings (6th icon from left) and go to the 'Plugins' tab, click on Fomod Installer, and in the description field and turn them both to false.  THEN install the mod, which by the way will have the correct items prechosen except for the Dark Brotherhood one, just like they say it will, and bang.  Now re-enable the Fomod Installer, and all should be well.  This took me multiple tries to finally figure out, and a lot of reading because I thought they were saying the installer should actually work just fine now.  And it does.  Just not the internal Fomod Installer.  Leave the external Fomod Installer on, since it does its job right.

Been working through step for 7 days straight, and I finally have a fully isntalled mod list of 265 items, working coherently (in theory) with the green light from BOSS.

2 years later...and I'm finally ready to make my first run through of Skyrim. Here's hoping it all goes smoothly :D

No' date=' the internal FOMOD installer is fixed in Mod Organizer. I didn't have to modify my original installer to make it work. The BAIN wizard still works 100% fine.[/quote']

For those that may find themselves in the same confused state I was in' date=' don't misunderstand what (i think) he is saying here.

I thought all of this meant that just opening the file and isntalling it should work fine, but in order to finally get it to work, i had to (in version 1.0.3 of MO) go into the settings (6th icon from left) and go to the 'Plugins' tab, click on Fomod Installer, and in the description field and turn them both to false.  THEN install the mod, which by the way will have the correct items prechosen except for the Dark Brotherhood one, just like they say it will, and bang.  Now re-enable the Fomod Installer, and all should be well.  This took me multiple tries to finally figure out, and a lot of reading because I thought they were saying the installer should actually work just fine now.  And it does.  Just not the internal Fomod Installer.  Leave the external Fomod Installer on, since it does its job right.

Been working through step for 7 days straight, and I finally have a fully isntalled mod list of 265 items, working coherently (in theory) with the green light from BOSS.

2 years later...and I'm finally ready to make my first run through of Skyrim. Here's hoping it all goes smoothly :D[/quote']

Thanks for that information! I had disabled this mod again because the reinstall did not work and it was crashing my game...again. All Fomods and mods that I ever install in MO work for me without any special requirements or pre-installation steps but this one so I'm not sure what is wrong. William is a good modder, but when all mods work but one, I've got so say that it's the mod (fomod) and not the mod manager. (Though I'm not a fomod writer so my words carry little weight...just my observation.)

( Sorry, William :ermm: )

I'm pretty sure something in Mod Organizer borked the internal fomod installer again, as it worked perfectly for me using 0.99.x's installer. Closer Quivers (which I also did the installer for partially) also appears to be borked with the new internal installer.