Even Better Quest Objectives (by whickus & updated by William Imm)

WilliamImm

Personally, I already went through this mod in TES5Edit and resolved conflicts with the most recent non-beta UPs and other mods for my own custom patch.  The mod hasn't been updated with the UP changes for a while now - meaning, some of them have been getting blocked by EBQO for many many versions of the UPsEBQO hasn't been updated, like, forever, so I couldn't wait for it to be done officially.

Here are the issues that I found that conflict with the current non-beta UPs (EBQO blocks the fix from the UP), all within the "Quest" category:

Quest

USKP:
 0001BAEC, 0001CF25, 0001F256, 0001F257, 0001FD72, 00026C4D, 0002C258, 00030B36, 000376EE, 00039792, 00039B3B, 0003B681, 000434A3, 000443F4, 0004E4E1, 00053318, 00064958, 00069043, 00076335, 000799E0, 000799E2, 00093807, 00094158, 000BC096

and

UDGP:

03002850, 03002853, 03004C3D, 030098CB

and also

UHFP:

0500BE09, 05010BEE

Edited by oqhansoloqo

• 2 months later...

Is it safe to use this mod without the updates and with some mods it has outdated patches for such as EFF and LaL? Is it safe to remove it and keep playing an existing save (I made a "clean" save)?

I ask because I kind of want to do the MQ and am worried EBQO is in a state where it should not be used.

It's been updated but William is really dragging on allowing us to post the updated version which I don't understand. EssArrBee is handling the work and he's doing all the patch work for STEP. There's really nothing for him to be concerned about. It's to the point of frustration for me for reasons I won't get into, but I'm ready to drop the mod from STEP until it gets updated...which is as quick as unloading it to Nexus.

You can should be able to uninstall it without any issues.

Is it safe to use this mod without the updates and with some mods it has outdated patches for such as EFF and LaL? Is it safe to remove it and keep playing an existing save (I made a "clean" save)?

I ask because I kind of want to do the MQ and am worried EBQO is in a state where it should not be used.

Check out post #85 in this forum.  thaiusmle provided links to patches he made for both of those mods.

I did see that post but somehow missed the links! Must have been skimming or something. I'm still going to ignore it on this profile at least. I had an afternoon of frustration when I copied my "STEP + experimenting with mods" profile once I concluded the build I was messing with was pretty stable. Managing my profiles unticked every plugin from my plugins list (right pane) which is a thing I forgot MO does. Reactivating things, remembering which mods to leave disabled cuz of dummy .esps and so on... ugh. I'm good for today I think but thanks for pointing me to those links.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, you'll never believe what happened:

Version 1.5
Extremely late update edition! 

Up to date with the latest changes from the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. All existing patches were updated with new changes as well (when applicable). 

Dropped many patches for kryptopyr mods, as well as Persid's Realistic Room Rental. They were no longer needed. Clarified that the Moonlight Tales patch is only for version 2.05 of the mod. 

Included new patches for Cutting Room Floor, Not So Fast - Main Quest, and Perkus Maximus.
Additionally, this mod is now merged-only. This mod now requires Dawnguard and Hearthfire to be installed with their respective unofficial patches. When Dragonborn is added, that will be required too.
Big thanks to EssArrBee for helping with updating this mod.

Well, Will actually added a couple extra patches I believe from what I did before giving him the package.

I do know that kryptopyr has been nice enough to forward the EBQO descriptions to her mods, so we no longer need those in any patches, just load her mods last.

I will look everything over in a bit. I've been doing tile and painting all day, so I need to get some beers in me before this paint high wears off. ::P:

Yeah. The Cutting Room Floor patch was expanded on (it previously was only a compatibility patch), but I've also added support for Not So Fast - Main Quest (which I'll suggest a look-at from STEP). I was also going to add support for House of Horrors Alternate Ending, but frankly, I gave up when I saw how the script looked for that. Better if I just remake that from scratch.