Almighty Stuttering

Phyriel

Question

Guys im raging pretty hard atm, cant kill a 3 bandits with this stutter near bleak falls burrow and in very dense blizzard on my head. Well i followed S.T.E.P very closesly for the balanced option - nearly all 1k textures. Im playing on 1280x1024 resolution with game provided aa anizo turned off (chose catalyst to handle that). My rig specs are:

-AMD Phenom II x4 955 overclocked 3.2ghz overclocked a bit

-4 gb RAM

-ASUS Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Is this not enough to run this S.t.e.p option? im using skyrim performance monitor and it actually amazes me how terribly bad my GPU is used. Just when i load a game and menu appears Skyrim Performace Monitor shows my GPU already working at 99% and choking on 300 VRAM. When im ingame its 99% GPU and eating all VRAM asap. I usually run around with 40-50 fps but it drops to 20 somethin offen, but the worst... those freezes... right now im in a save where i get 2 sec freeze each 3 seconds... its like playing on 2 fps even tho my performance monitor shows 20+. I actually tried using FPS limitter found on Nexus to ease up my VRAM a bit but to no big effect. Tbh game is unplayable. Just tell me if my rig is not enough for this or somethin is just wrong.  

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Please read the STEP Community Citizenship Guide.  In particular:

- Please use standard English grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

- Any post with the following will be immediately removed. PLEASE DO NOT use excessive amounts of large, colorful, or otherwise annoying text just to emphasize your words.

These rules are to keep threads readable for everyone, and to keep things coherent for our non-english speaking friends. 

Please edit the problematic posts in this thread.

- Any post with the following will be immediately removed. PLEASE DO NOT use excessive amounts of large, colorful, or otherwise annoying text just to emphasize your words.

These rules are to keep threads readable for everyone, and to keep things coherent for our non-english speaking friends. 

"Police, freeze! Put your hands where they can be seen!" xD

I think he got it already, but thanks for the reminder (I was not 100%ly sure that this was actually written down anywhere here on the boards)

Lol i'm very frozen but i can find the humour in that, in fact i was counting on someone chimming in. At least i'm not disapointed by my expectations now, xD my bad for not reading the STEP Community Citizenship Guide. Thanks for the heads up.

"Police, freeze! Put your hands where they can be seen!" xD

I think he got it already, but thanks for the reminder (I was not 100%ly sure that this was actually written down anywhere here on the boards)

:P Yeah - don't worry - I'm not turning into that guy!  But I do want to point out that keeping threads readable is very important, and that it's not just a matter of preference and style - we do have rules on this, and for good reason.  :thumbsup:

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG KUDOS to NShell and S.T.E.P folks, u solved my issues in 1 day:) from a 2 fps stutter into SMAA injected 50 fps fluid gameplay! You're either too smart, too dedicated or studied wizardry. Anyway issue SOLVED! and you're guilty as charged:) big love <3

Is RadeonPro still recommended? I can't seem to get it running :( Installed it, but nothing seems to work ingame... I'm using Mod Organizer and set it as the "launcher". I also set skse and skyrim launcher under "aliases". Ingame I can see, that the fps-cap doesn't work (displayed via ENBoost), so I think it's not working at all.