Skyrim Revisited GPU

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always used Get Snowy and have only recently tried Wet and Cold due to SR recommendation. Same with the footprints mod (which I actually rather like).

Would you recommend using Get Snowy instead as a lightweight alternative? I used to just put hoods and cloaks on my followers for immersion anyhow. Stuff like AFT and EFF should allow that pretty handily.

I think Get Snowy has a similar script or function to look for NPCs to apply the decals.  But because its only decals and not breath & snow shoes and cloaks and hoods, I think it will be better.  But I would probably put it in last, when you are happy with the rest of your load order.

Garfink: What settings would you recommend for ENBoost option:

VideoMemorySizeMb=

My system is i5 2500k, HD6950 2gb vram, 16gb ram, ssd.

I know about the formula given by Boris: vram+ ram - 2048. However I simply cannot logically see how applying 14 or 16gb to ENBoost would be of any benefit.

Currently I use

VideoMemorySizeMb=2048

which is equal to my card's vram.

What setting do you use with your titan? (and if others are reading this I'm very much interested in yours as well).

I have a 6Gb Titan & 32Gb of RAM as well and I have mine set on 8196 and have forgotten about it. 

With 2Gb of VRAM and lots of RAM, I would also try 4096 if I were you or maybe 6144.

Thunder: Start at 2048 and then slowly increase.

You should also never assign too much, since the amount you assign will be what the ENhost.exe file takes or tries too anyway.

If you Skyrim was the only program running then you could perhaps get away with it, but since Windows also require some then you should always be lower. Or you will get increased instability.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm having a little difficulty understanding how I work out the right VideoMemorySizeMb quota.

Currently my enblocal settings show this:

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

VideoMemorySizeMb=1024 // VRAM + RAM - 2048

However, my Virtual Memory in System Properties states it's at 8192MB, I have 8GB of PC RAM and my Graphics Card (a GTX 570) has 1280MB. What is the correct number I should be using for VideoMemorySizeMb? I'm so confused....