RadeonPro and Mod Organizer

hgmanifold

Question

Hey there!

I found RadeonPro through a discussion in this forum, specifically regarding SweetFX SMAA. I installed it and got it running fine. Vanilla Skyrim looked great with this installed. I Installed this inline with S.T.E.P. and where it tells you to install SMAA (from a different source). I got to installing Mod Organizer, which is amazing. After setting up ini's and doing the S.T.E.P.s I installed a few mods (Unofficials) and ran Skyrim through MO. I've also installed SWB as I was having a lot of jitters.

Here's my issue: RadeonPro allows you to create a profile for Skyrim, and i did just that. It allows you to create "Triggers" which allows a profile to be activated by chosen .exes. So I chose, TESV.exe, Skyrim Launcher.exe, Skse_loader.exe, and SBW.exe. Individually these all work and if Skyrim is started through any of these Radeon Pro will start with Skyrim. BUT... When you set up Mod Organizer you have to run the executable through MO. Doing this and starting Skyrim through MO will NOT start RadeonPro. 

I'm lost as to where to go next as, if I run Skyrim with MO I lose out on SMAA, if not I lose out on Mods... I've only just started to look at ATTK but is this something that it would help with? I'm not sure as to what that is fully capable of yet and am looking for a guide, if you know of one. 

Please help if you can. 

Thanks, 

H.G.

6 answers to this question

I just ran into this problem myself. The fix I've found is to setup the Radeon Pro executable itself as an application through Mod Organizer, the same as you did for TESV, SKSE, etc..

To be specific, you'll need to launch MO without having Radeon Pro already open. Once MO is active then launch Radeon Pro from the MO dropdown list. It should start up like normal, unlock MO and you can continue with whatever you were doing.

This process is a bit of a burden (at least for me), but it has been working consistently for getting my RP profile to execute with Skyrim through MO. Hope that helps.

Note: Do not run MO as administrator, otherwise Radeon Pro will not run and you'll have to relaunch MO (Win8, not sure about Win7 but I assume it's the same). Also, I've had problems with RP forcing the "failed to write log" error in MO after exiting Skyrim and trying to launch other MO-based applications. If this happens just exit Radeon Pro and relaunch when you're ready to go back in the game.

Hey there!

I found RadeonPro through a discussion in this forum, specifically regarding SweetFX SMAA. I installed it and got it running fine. Vanilla Skyrim looked great with this installed. I Installed this inline with S.T.E.P. and where it tells you to install SMAA (from a different source)

Please help if you can. 

Thanks, 

H.G.

I will help you with this issue you have but give me some time, cause I dont have MO installed.

Im curious about where you installed SMAA. Why am I curious because if you happened to read my post about it and it was to extract SweetFX in some random place and NOT inside any of your games it was meant to protect you. why?? because SweetFX has a file that is directly BANNABLE by every 3rd party AntiCheat Networks for online games.

using sweetfx the way i recommend is the best way, and it will protect you from AC networks.

RadeonPro has integration with sweetfx and it will inject it in its render process.

Im curious about where you installed SMAA. Why am I curious because if you happened to read my post about it and it was to extract SweetFX in some random place and NOT inside any of your games it was meant to protect you. why?? because SweetFX has a file that is directly BANNABLE by every 3rd party AntiCheat Networks for online games.

I extracted it to the RadeonPro location (Program Files/RadeonPro). This should be fine, right? As I have it setup right now, its running great. Do you know of any "optimization" guides for RadeonPro and Skyrim? I'm trying to figure out the best way to have Skyrim, Catalyst Control Center, and RadeonPro work without overrides. 

The fix I've found is to setup the Radeon Pro executable itself as an application through Mod Organizer, the same as you did for TESV, SKSE, etc..

This works. It isn't elegant by any means, but it works. Odd, as I tried this at one point a didn't work, must of done something wrong. Thanks!

Is MO and Skyrim running as admin? If it is RadeonPro also needs to run as admin. I dont think it matters to RadeonPro what launches Skyrim and you dont need any triggers also, I think your problem with RadeonPro is permissions try running it as Admin. As soon Skyrim Launches RadeonPro detects it and enables its profile.

OK good you extracted SMAA properly :thumbsup:. Just a Friendly advice: Delete the file Injector.ini from your harddisk where you extracted SweetFX asap, and look for it inside the original downloaded zipped file and delete it too.(thats the file being scanned for Ban) :yes:

(Delete Skyrim profile in CCC if you have any to prevent any conflict),  RadeonPro has very good options better than CCC. just dont activate Antialiasing Compatibility profiles in RP, they conflict with SKSE and who knows what else.

give it a try with this settings:
/////////////////////////////////////
//RadeonPro Video Settings

//Anti-Aliasing
AA : Check Mode : Override Application Settings 4x
Morphological Filtering : Unchecked

//SMAA
SMAA : Check   Quality : Ultra  

//Anti-Aliasing Filter
AA Filter : Check Multisampling (Box)  (edge detect if you can handle it:woot:)

//Anti-Aliasing Mode
AA Mode : Check Multi-Sample  (if you can handle SuperSampling SSAA go ahead:woot:)

//Anisotropic Filtering
Anisotropic Filtering : Check 16x

//Tessellation Control
Tessellation Control : Check AMD Optimized

//Vertical Sync Control
Vertical Sync : Check Always ON

//Advanced
Texture Filtering Quality: Check High Quality
Mipmap Quality : Check High Quality
Texture LOD : Check 0 (Zero)  (Negative Numbers make Textures more Crisp/Sharp I use -3:thumbsup:)
Flip Queue Size : Check Driver Default

//Direct 3D Tweaks
VSync Control : Always ON
Triple-Buffering : Check
Use advanced D3D9 Force Triple-Buffering : Check
Dynamic Frame Control : Check : 58
Display Refresh Rate : 60 Hz (your screen rate usually 60Hz)
Force Aggressive API Detection Level : Check

//Misc Tweaks
Disable Aero : Check
CPU Affinity : CPU 0/1/2/3 Check
Force Process High Priority : Check

//OSD
OSD : Check

Position : Bottom    Size : Normal
Hide Normal Panel : Check  Hide Reduced Panel : Check

GPU Core Utilization : Check
GPU Core Temperature : Check
GPU VRAM usage : Check

Show current API and FPS counter : Check

//SweetFX
Enable SweetFX : Check

[Import settings]  ----->  From extracted SweetFX main Folder, Browse to: (Example: D:\SweetFX\SweetFX\Presets\Black_Mesa_CeeJay.txt) this preset is very smooth for Skyrim and its not to heavy:thumbsup:

OK, I've set everything as you listed except for "Force Aggressive API Detection Level" as I can't find the option, and checking "Use advanced D3D9" makes it crash (like it states in the tool-tip), as well as "Texture LOD" because of the way it looked and my FPS drop I set it to -0.5. As it sits, I maintain 58fps with drops of ~15fps in combat, etc. I'm going to tweak the settings a little bit to see if i can maintain better *shrug*. It looks phenomenal. I'm not running any ENB but rather Dynavision and it make is look even better.

All other instances of injector.ini are gone.

Thanks for your help.