Hunterborn

ath3nos

Just thought I would pop on and mention that the Hunterborn has been updated to 1.4 as of October 26th.  The mod author seems to still be active and this is a pretty nice mod.  I personally have recently installed Skyrim Revisited and am thinking of including Hunterborn just because I like survival style mods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've just released an update to Hunterborn 1.5. Here's a summary of the changes: New models and textures for weapons, ingredients, bones and jewellery. Lots of inbuilt compatibility and new patches for Campfire and Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul. Inbuilt Frostfall compatibility. Addition of new globals, CCOR and WAF keywords. Added Bone Armor, Northern Hunter Armor and Fur Plate recipes (as used by CCOR, Immersive Armors, aMidianBorn Content and Campfire) . New recipes for Scrimshaw crafting. An expanded description and 19 new Hunterborn loading screens to further explain some of the hidden features. Most of the patches have also been updated. I hope you enjoy the update :)

Yes, the patch must be in your load order from the get go. When Hunterborn initialises certain elements are baked in your save. If the patch isn't installed from the beginning then HB won't swap over to CACO meats effectively breaking the patch and functionality across both mods. So this is important and explained in the readme when you download the mod.

Would a clean save work? I'd imagine it doesn't, but I'm actually not sure how much leftover stuffs is left in a save when you uninstall something.

That said, I've yet to use Hunterborn and just found out about it now when you bumped this thread. Will be using it in my next go I think.

If you haven't added Hunterborn to your game yet then why do you need a clean save if it's a fresh install??? I hope you enjoy using Hunterborn. It pairs nicely with both CACO and Campfire and they are highly recommended to run alongside HB.

Sorry I looked for a read me on the Nexus page, not in the actual download. As you state in the read me, a new game is required and I guess I'll start a new one again. (never getting past lvl 2 :) ).

The reason I asked is that I'm testing mods for my packs and have had Hunterborn installed previously. I deactivated it in the mcm and made a clean save. I was hoping I could add it back. A user of one of my packs asked how to best combine Hunterborn with Immersive Creatures and that is what I'm going to figure out next. I'm also excited for the new version of Hunterborn. Thanks for your work.

Well, I asked for future reference. Be it some other mod will be added in the future or some update might affect things. I've got a long going save that I intend to infuse it to, so to say, and just want to make sure it doesn't bog things for me down the road.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing with Hunterborn essentially since I started modding Skyrim (3 years ago) and absolutely love this mod.  Just finished a big install, checking some things over, and I found myself on the Hunterborn nexus page, and then here... Enjoying the updates, really excited for the Campfire/HB skill tree, as well as the prospect of CACO/HB/Last Seed/Campfire synergies... Many thanks mr. Teabag.

Edited by baronaatista