Realistic Teeth ( by Anton0028 and Brumbek)

DCS78

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this use a plugin?

No.
Then I see no reason not to use it ... as long as it is not a performance hit and does not stick out like a sore thumb. Details matter, no?

Any other reasons not to use?

The more STEP grows the more mods that are going to be used and the more VRAM/RAM in turn. I see this mod as "not needed" and simply adds to the users who are already with limited VRAM...not to mention the 3GB cap that some are hitting. If this is added to STEP, I'll just simply pass it up though. I'm on a 1GB limit with my VRAM and adding unnecessary mods that make no noticeable difference from my point of view is a waste of that precious memory on my end.

Does this use a plugin?

No.
Then I see no reason not to use it ... as long as it is not a performance hit and does not stick out like a sore thumb. Details matter, no?

The more STEP grows the more mods that are going to be used and the more VRAM/RAM in turn. I see this mod as "not needed" and simply adds to the users who are already with limited VRAM...not to mention the 3GB cap that some are hitting. If this is added to STEP, I'll just simply pass it up though. I'm on a 1GB limit with my VRAM and adding unnecessary mods that make no noticeable difference from my point of view is a waste of that precious memory on my end.
Definitely a good point; however, this mod may not add even a single MB to VRAM ... ?

I am inclined, regardless, to keep this one and the plethora of other mods much like this that are already in STEP in mind for Extreme STEP. If we don't consider this one appropriate for Baseline, then several others should go onto the chopping block as well.

Does this use a plugin?

No.

Definitely a good point; however, this mod may not add even a single MB to VRAM ... ?

I am inclined, regardless, to keep this one and the plethora of other mods much like this that are already in STEP in mind for Extreme STEP. If we don't consider this one appropriate for Baseline, then several others should go onto the chopping block as well.

Fair enough I guess. You have a point there, z. Let's keep it for extreme STEP then.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone know that size RT files are? I would be inclined to use the 512x version of the link Torminater posted or if RT has a 512x version if one of these get approved.

Files are 1024x1024 diff and norm, and no size options. Interesting note that these are 8 times larger then vanilla.

Anyone know that size RT files are? I would be inclined to use the 512x version of the link Torminater posted or if RT has a 512x version if one of these get approved.

Files are 1024x1024 diff and norm, and no size options. Interesting note that these are 8 times larger then vanilla.
Thanks and small detail mods like this that are really high resolution is ridiculous. 512x should be the max and even that is pushing it, IMO.

Thanks and small detail mods like this that are really high resolution is ridiculous. 512x should be the max and even that is pushing it, IMO.
There's a low resolution 512x512 option available as of a couple days ago.

The file size between this one and Brumbek's is fairly significant - the high resolution of this one is only 294k. Realistic Teeth comes in at 128,000k (compressed!)

Sorry to hijack this thread guys, but zzjay has made new HD teeth textures in this simple mod: Smile in HD.

Perhaps it can be considered as an interesting ressource-friendly alternative ? What do you think ? :)

p.s.: at the same time it helps reducing the Colgate (pure white) or Meridol (yellow) effects nicely.

Sorry to hijack this thread guys' date=' but zzjay has made new HD teeth textures in this simple mod: Smile in HD.

Perhaps it can be considered as an interesting ressource-friendly alternative ? What do you think ? :)

p.s.: at the same time it helps reducing the Colgate (pure white) or Meridol (yellow) effects nicely.

That was the link we were talking about above ;-)