SMAA Injector not working

Thc002

Question

Hi,

I cant seem to get SMAA Injector to work in Skyrim anymore, since one of the latest Steam updates (?). I have placed all files from the smaa-zip in my Skyrim folder and start skse via the Skyrim Performance Monitor.

I dont use any ENBs or other mods that make use of a d3d9.dll. Hitting the pause key ingame (keybind for toggling SMAA) has no effect at all.

I play with 4xSMAA +4xSGSSAA and quality SSAO on a 670ftw if that helps.

ty

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This is how it looks using SMAA through enb (skyrealism ENB 1.39)

What other AA settings did you use? Is it just SMAA alone or in combination with hardware-AA?

ty

I use MSAAx4 through the launcher (or skyrimprefs.ini: iMultiSample=4). I haven't checked if that actually works though. I don't think it looks like it's working.
It does look like it's working. Also, if you're running 4xMSAA, why do you need SMAA too? 

Just trying different setups. I had a lot jagged edges using MSAA so I figured I'd try SMAA and edge AA. Really have no idea which one or which combination to use.

Ok. Compared a lot of different settings. Forcing AA through Catalyst control center doesn't seem to work. SMAA 4x through skyrimprefs.ini looks good. I don't see any difference from raising it to 8x. If using ENB thoug, SMAA doesn't seem to work? MSAA and Edge AA does though. I think MSAA looks better. So if using ENB, use MSAA. IF not SMAA 4x.

GPU: Gigabyte AMD 7970 GHz edition

Catalyst control center 13.2 beta

ENB 1.39 Skyrealism Cinema preset

Screens, file name describes which AA i used:

All screens in a zip:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15909840/AA%20compare/AA%20compare.7z

Posted ImageNo AA

Posted Image2. Forcing SSAA 4xEQ standard filter

[this forum only allows 10 pics, decided to not show a picture of forcing msaa through catalyst contol center since it doesn seem to work, but posting as a link instead, https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15909840/AA%20compare/3.%20Forcing%20MSAA%204x%20standard%20filter.jpg]

Posted Image4. Skyrimprefs.ini iMultiSample=4

Posted Image5. Skyrimprefs.ini iMultiSample=8

Posted Image6. ENB No AA

Posted Image7. ENB SMAA injector

Posted Image8. ENB Edge AA

Posted Image9. ENB Edge AA+SMAA injector

Posted Image10. Skyrimprefs.ini iMultisampling=4+ENB EdgeAA+SMAA injector

Posted Image11. ENB+SkyrimPrefs iMultiSample=4

As far as i was aware, SMAA works without having any other AA option enabled, is this correct?

Its confusing when we start talking about various AA methods being on or off, i`d just like someone to confirm that they use SMAA as their only AA method, and that it works.

As far as i was aware, SMAA works without having any other AA option enabled, is this correct?

Its confusing when we start talking about various AA methods being on or off, i`d just like someone to confirm that they use SMAA as their only AA method, and that it works.

I can confirm that. SMAA MSAA works if you set it in the launcher or skyrimprefs.ini. It does not seem to work (for me at least) if I use ENB.

Could you possibly show me a screenshot of SMAA switched on and off?

Edit: Sorry you did already!

Can you switch off any other AA you have, either in launcher, skyrimprefs.ini or through driver software and see if it still works?

Could you possibly show me a screenshot of SMAA switched on and off?

Edit: Sorry you did already!

Can you switch off any other AA you have, either in launcher, skyrimprefs.ini or through driver software and see if it still works?

Screen 7 is only using SMAA through ENB. AA switched of in launcher/skyrimprefs (same thing) and catalyst control center set to Use application settings. So no other AA.